FX's 'The Americans' Renewed for Second Season
FX has given a vote of confidence to its freshman "The Americans". After airing only 4 episodes of it, the network has picked up the show for a second season, so it's announced on Thursday, February 21.
" 'The Americans' has quickly established itself as a key part FX's acclaimed drama line-up," says John Landgraf, President and General Manager, FX Networks. "Executive Producers Joe Weisberg, Joel Fields and Graham Yost and their collaborators are telling riveting and deeply emotional stories and the performances of Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys, Noah Emmerich and the entire cast are simply outstanding."
He continues raving about the period drama series, "The show is truly worthy of its widespread critical acclaim and we are confident that its quality will continue to yield a robust and passionate audience."
Creator Joe Weisberg chimes in, "We're very grateful to John Landgraf, Nick Grad, Eric Schrier and everyone at FX for their unwavering support of our show. We're thrilled to be able to continue writing stories for such an incredibly talented cast led by Keri, Matthew and Noah."
"This has been an amazing experience for me and it couldn't have happened without the tireless efforts of our cast and crew," he adds. "We appreciate the support of the audience and we believe they have a lot to look forward to the rest of this season."
Set in 1981, "The Americans" tells the story of two KGB spies posing as American couple in suburban Washington D.C. It premiered to 5.1 million viewers on January 30, making it the most-watched debut of any FX series ever.
The show airs every Wednesday at 10 P.M. on FX. There are nine episodes left in the first season.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce