FX's 'The Americans' Renewed for Second Season
FX has given a vote of confidence to its freshman "The Americans". After airing only 4 episodes of it, the network has picked up the show for a second season, so it's announced on Thursday, February 21.
" 'The Americans' has quickly established itself as a key part FX's acclaimed drama line-up," says John Landgraf, President and General Manager, FX Networks. "Executive Producers Joe Weisberg, Joel Fields and Graham Yost and their collaborators are telling riveting and deeply emotional stories and the performances of Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys, Noah Emmerich and the entire cast are simply outstanding."
He continues raving about the period drama series, "The show is truly worthy of its widespread critical acclaim and we are confident that its quality will continue to yield a robust and passionate audience."
Creator Joe Weisberg chimes in, "We're very grateful to John Landgraf, Nick Grad, Eric Schrier and everyone at FX for their unwavering support of our show. We're thrilled to be able to continue writing stories for such an incredibly talented cast led by Keri, Matthew and Noah."
"This has been an amazing experience for me and it couldn't have happened without the tireless efforts of our cast and crew," he adds. "We appreciate the support of the audience and we believe they have a lot to look forward to the rest of this season."
Set in 1981, "The Americans" tells the story of two KGB spies posing as American couple in suburban Washington D.C. It premiered to 5.1 million viewers on January 30, making it the most-watched debut of any FX series ever.
The show airs every Wednesday at 10 P.M. on FX. There are nine episodes left in the first season.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene