Lindsay Lohan Loses 'Give Me Everything' Lawsuit Against Pitbull
Lindsay Lohan lost her lawsuit against Pitbull, Ne-Yo and Afrojack. It was confirmed on Thursday, February 21 that LiLo's suit over the trio's 2011 hit track "Give Me Everything" was officially dismissed by a federal judge.
The song in question had a lyric that said, "I've got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan." The judge ruled that the song's lyrics were protected by the First Amendment, which included freedom of speech and creative expression.
Pitbull's lawyer, Marcos Jimenez, quickly commented on his client's win on Thursday. He told E! News, "This will further solidify the rights of artists to express themselves in song." The attorney also said that the Cuban-American rapper "wasn't shocked," but "disappointed" when LiLo decided to sue him in August 2011.
Now that Pitbull has won the suit, Jimenez said that Mr. Worldwide "is very pleased." The lawyer added, "He felt it was very important to address this head on to protect his right and the rights of other artist. He decided to fight this."
Not only did LiLo lose the suit, but she also got fined by Senior District Judge Denis R. Hurley. According to E! News, the troubled starlet's attorney had to pay $1,500 for sanctionable plagiarism and false representation.
The legal battle between LiLo and Pitbull started in 2011 as the actress filed a lawsuit objecting to the negative connotation of the lyric in "Give Me Everything". She claimed that she should have been compensated for the use of her name in the track.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'