James Franco Is Told Off by a Monkey in New 'Oz' Clip
A funny clip from "Oz: The Great and Powerful" has just been unveiled, focusing on an interesting conversation between Oz (James Franco) and Finley the flying monkey (Zach Braff). The two are seen walking across a flower garden against the backdrop of vividly-colored Land of Oz.
Finley tries to convince Oz to admit that he's just lying about being a wizard and that he actually can't take down the wicked witch. Oz, however, refuses to come clean and insists to continue his plan. "I'm not going back. We're gonna find this wicked witch, steal her wand, I'll get that big pile of gold," Oz claims, adding that the monkey can have a lot of bananas.
Funny moment happens as Finley responds with angry look, "Bananas? Oh I see, because I'm a monkey, I must love bananas, right? That is a vicious stereotypes." When Oz asks back, "You don't like bananas?" the monkey replies quickly, "Of course I like bananas, I'm a monkey. Don't be ridiculous."
"Oz: The Great and Powerful" imagines the origins of Baum's beloved character, the Wizard of Oz. When Oscar Diggs, a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he's hit the jackpot-fame and fortune are his for the taking.
That is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz)and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone's been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late.
Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity-and even a bit of wizardry-Oscar transforms himself not only into the great and powerful Wizard of Oz but into a better man as well.
The Sam Raimi-directed fantasy will open Stateside on March 8.
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Harry Styles Looks Handsome With His New Haircut. See His Clean-Cut Look!
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- Rihanna Launches 'Star Trek'-Inspired Eyewear With Dior. See the Futuristic Design!
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana