Frank Ocean Working on New Album With Pharrell Williams
While he was in London for the 2013 Brit Awards, Grammy Award-winning R'n'B artist Frank Ocean announced on Zane Lowe's radio program over on BBC Radio 1 that he's hard at work on his follow-up to his mega-successful album "Channel Orange". Ocean revealed he has already hit the recording studio with songwriter to the superstars, Pharrell Williams, and he's "ten to eleven songs into his next thing."
"It's another cohesive thing, bordering on a concept record again," the "Thinkin' 'Bout You" crooner said. "At the end of Channel Orange there's 'Golden Girl' and it's this beach scene. And I kind of wanted to extend that feel into the next record altogether, kind of make it that theme."
Besides Williams, Ocean also jammed with Tyler, the Creator, hanging around in the recording studio "just playing records." Asked by Lowe about possible collaborations with other artists on his new album, the "Forrest Gump" singer replied with a simple "I don't know," although he opened about his fondness for King Krule and will be meeting up with Danger Mouse when he gets back to the U.S.
"Usually when I meet these guys, if we happen to write something then we do, but it's good to just feel these things out," Ocean explained. "I love Tame Impala, Tyler put me onto them and they're wicked. Their music has a freedom to it."
More Frank Ocean News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes