Frank Ocean Working on New Album With Pharrell Williams
While he was in London for the 2013 Brit Awards, Grammy Award-winning R'n'B artist Frank Ocean announced on Zane Lowe's radio program over on BBC Radio 1 that he's hard at work on his follow-up to his mega-successful album "Channel Orange". Ocean revealed he has already hit the recording studio with songwriter to the superstars, Pharrell Williams, and he's "ten to eleven songs into his next thing."
"It's another cohesive thing, bordering on a concept record again," the "Thinkin' 'Bout You" crooner said. "At the end of Channel Orange there's 'Golden Girl' and it's this beach scene. And I kind of wanted to extend that feel into the next record altogether, kind of make it that theme."
Besides Williams, Ocean also jammed with Tyler, the Creator, hanging around in the recording studio "just playing records." Asked by Lowe about possible collaborations with other artists on his new album, the "Forrest Gump" singer replied with a simple "I don't know," although he opened about his fondness for King Krule and will be meeting up with Danger Mouse when he gets back to the U.S.
"Usually when I meet these guys, if we happen to write something then we do, but it's good to just feel these things out," Ocean explained. "I love Tame Impala, Tyler put me onto them and they're wicked. Their music has a freedom to it."
More Frank Ocean News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child