Frank Ocean Working on New Album With Pharrell Williams
While he was in London for the 2013 Brit Awards, Grammy Award-winning R'n'B artist Frank Ocean announced on Zane Lowe's radio program over on BBC Radio 1 that he's hard at work on his follow-up to his mega-successful album "Channel Orange". Ocean revealed he has already hit the recording studio with songwriter to the superstars, Pharrell Williams, and he's "ten to eleven songs into his next thing."
"It's another cohesive thing, bordering on a concept record again," the "Thinkin' 'Bout You" crooner said. "At the end of Channel Orange there's 'Golden Girl' and it's this beach scene. And I kind of wanted to extend that feel into the next record altogether, kind of make it that theme."
Besides Williams, Ocean also jammed with Tyler, the Creator, hanging around in the recording studio "just playing records." Asked by Lowe about possible collaborations with other artists on his new album, the "Forrest Gump" singer replied with a simple "I don't know," although he opened about his fondness for King Krule and will be meeting up with Danger Mouse when he gets back to the U.S.
"Usually when I meet these guys, if we happen to write something then we do, but it's good to just feel these things out," Ocean explained. "I love Tame Impala, Tyler put me onto them and they're wicked. Their music has a freedom to it."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3