Jennifer Hudson, Russell Crowe and Catherine Zeta-Jones to Perform at Oscars
Academy Award winners Jennifer Hudson, Russell Crowe and Catherine Zeta-Jones will perform at the 2013 Oscar Awards on Sunday, February 24 at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. The three will sing in a special tribute to honor movie musicals, which saw a resurgence in the past decade, most recently in particular, the Oscar-nominated musical film "Les Miserables".
"Les Mis" lead stars Hugh Jackman, who is nominated for Best Actor, and Anne Hathaway, who is up for Best Supporting Actress, are said to perform together with Hudson, Crowe and Zeta-Jones. The star-studded number will be just one among many musical performances lined up on Oscar night, to be hosted by the talented Seth MacFarlane.
"We are pleased to have been able to amass so much talent to create the celebration of musicals of the last decade that we envisioned," Oscars producers Neil Meron and Craig Zadan said about the casting coup. "We are thrilled that so many talented actors have agreed to bring our vision to life."
The musicals tribute will revolve mostly around Hudson's "Dreamgirls", Zeta-Jones' "Chicago" along with "Les Mis" for which Crowe is nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar. In other much-awaited performances, the legendary Barbra Streisand will appear in a rare onstage performance, along with Oscar nominated Adele, expected to sing the James Bond song "Skyfall", and Norah Jones will perform "Everybody Needs a Best Friend", the theme from "Ted".
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli
- 'Game of Thrones': New Photos Reunite the Four Starks, Final Season Episode Count Is Revealed
- Chris Cornell Appeared to Have Used Other Drugs Before Hanging Himself
- Nicki Minaj to Perform at the 2017 NBA Awards
- Is She Pregnant? Cristiano Ronaldo's GF Georgina Rodriguez Sports Suspicious Bump in New Pic
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt