Jennifer Hudson, Russell Crowe and Catherine Zeta-Jones to Perform at Oscars
Academy Award winners Jennifer Hudson, Russell Crowe and Catherine Zeta-Jones will perform at the 2013 Oscar Awards on Sunday, February 24 at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. The three will sing in a special tribute to honor movie musicals, which saw a resurgence in the past decade, most recently in particular, the Oscar-nominated musical film "Les Miserables".
"Les Mis" lead stars Hugh Jackman, who is nominated for Best Actor, and Anne Hathaway, who is up for Best Supporting Actress, are said to perform together with Hudson, Crowe and Zeta-Jones. The star-studded number will be just one among many musical performances lined up on Oscar night, to be hosted by the talented Seth MacFarlane.
"We are pleased to have been able to amass so much talent to create the celebration of musicals of the last decade that we envisioned," Oscars producers Neil Meron and Craig Zadan said about the casting coup. "We are thrilled that so many talented actors have agreed to bring our vision to life."
The musicals tribute will revolve mostly around Hudson's "Dreamgirls", Zeta-Jones' "Chicago" along with "Les Mis" for which Crowe is nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar. In other much-awaited performances, the legendary Barbra Streisand will appear in a rare onstage performance, along with Oscar nominated Adele, expected to sing the James Bond song "Skyfall", and Norah Jones will perform "Everybody Needs a Best Friend", the theme from "Ted".
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert