Mindy McCready's Mom Plans to Hold Memorial Service on February 26 in Florida
There might be two memorials held for the recently deceased country music singer Mindy McCready, one for the family and the other for public. After her representative announced a tribute would be conducted in Nashville, her mother Inge reveals the family plans to hold a memorial in her home state of Florida.
Inge spills in an interview with Celebuzz early plan to set the remembrance event for February 26, a week after her late daughter was found dead with a self-inflicted gunshot wound in her house in Arkansas. The mother, however, noted that the date is subject to change in case preparation is not completed in time.
In the first interview since McCready's passing, a heartbroken Inge says, "I wish I could hold her in my arms again. I will never get over this." She adds that the family is struggling to cope with her death. "We break down and tell stories about her and laugh and talk about her and then break down again," she said. "We don't know how to handle this or know what to do. We take it one day at a time."
McCready took her own life a month after her boyfriend, David Wilson, was found dead with a gunshot wound in their home. During her life, she battled multiple legal woes, addictions and suicide attempts leading up to her losing custody of her first son Zander. She later won back custody of the little boy after proving to court that she had sobered up since living with Wilson.
After Wilson died, McCready was believed to fall into depression. Per her father's request, she was ordered to check into rehab for mental-health and alcohol-abuse problems. His ex Billy McKnight also expressed concern about her "mental and physical stability and condition" and requested a full custody of their son, Zander.
On February 6, 6-year-old Zander along with 9-month-old Zayne from her relationship with Wilson were removed from her care by the Department of Human Services. She entered rehab but was released one day later to undergo outpatient treatment.
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image