Spice Girls' Mel B Named New Judge of 'America's Got Talent'
"America's Got Talent" has found a replacement for Sharon Osbourne. NBC has confirmed that Melanie Brown a.k.a. Mel B will be sitting on the judging panel when the show returns for an eighth season this summer. The Scary Spice of Spice Girls will join Howard Stern and Howie Mandel, who have both confirmed their return to the reality series.
"I've known Melanie since she did 'Dancing with the Stars', and I've known her as a performer of The Spice Girls before that," says NBC president of alternative Paul Telegdy. "To know her is to know a very frank, strong, enduring entertainer. Someone who has a very strong point of view."
He adds, "We needed somebody who was qualified for the job. She's an amazing singer, dancer and a huge personality. The contestants will get a lot of constructive feedback from her and I can't wait to see her chemistry with Howard and Howie."
The new season of "AGT" will begin taping on March 4 in New Orleans for a summer premiere. Sharon Osbourne exited the show at the end of the seventh season due to a disagreement with NBC.
Mel B is no stranger to reality TV world. She once participated on "Dancing with the Stars". She also co-hosts the Australian version of "DWTS" and serves as a judge on Australian "The X Factor".
More America's Got Talent News
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board