Spice Girls' Mel B Named New Judge of 'America's Got Talent'
"America's Got Talent" has found a replacement for Sharon Osbourne. NBC has confirmed that Melanie Brown a.k.a. Mel B will be sitting on the judging panel when the show returns for an eighth season this summer. The Scary Spice of Spice Girls will join Howard Stern and Howie Mandel, who have both confirmed their return to the reality series.
"I've known Melanie since she did 'Dancing with the Stars', and I've known her as a performer of The Spice Girls before that," says NBC president of alternative Paul Telegdy. "To know her is to know a very frank, strong, enduring entertainer. Someone who has a very strong point of view."
He adds, "We needed somebody who was qualified for the job. She's an amazing singer, dancer and a huge personality. The contestants will get a lot of constructive feedback from her and I can't wait to see her chemistry with Howard and Howie."
The new season of "AGT" will begin taping on March 4 in New Orleans for a summer premiere. Sharon Osbourne exited the show at the end of the seventh season due to a disagreement with NBC.
Mel B is no stranger to reality TV world. She once participated on "Dancing with the Stars". She also co-hosts the Australian version of "DWTS" and serves as a judge on Australian "The X Factor".
More America's Got Talent News
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories