Spice Girls' Mel B Named New Judge of 'America's Got Talent'
"America's Got Talent" has found a replacement for Sharon Osbourne. NBC has confirmed that Melanie Brown a.k.a. Mel B will be sitting on the judging panel when the show returns for an eighth season this summer. The Scary Spice of Spice Girls will join Howard Stern and Howie Mandel, who have both confirmed their return to the reality series.
"I've known Melanie since she did 'Dancing with the Stars', and I've known her as a performer of The Spice Girls before that," says NBC president of alternative Paul Telegdy. "To know her is to know a very frank, strong, enduring entertainer. Someone who has a very strong point of view."
He adds, "We needed somebody who was qualified for the job. She's an amazing singer, dancer and a huge personality. The contestants will get a lot of constructive feedback from her and I can't wait to see her chemistry with Howard and Howie."
The new season of "AGT" will begin taping on March 4 in New Orleans for a summer premiere. Sharon Osbourne exited the show at the end of the seventh season due to a disagreement with NBC.
Mel B is no stranger to reality TV world. She once participated on "Dancing with the Stars". She also co-hosts the Australian version of "DWTS" and serves as a judge on Australian "The X Factor".
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date