Mumford and Sons Back on Top of Billboard 200 After Grammy Win
After being named Album of the Year at this year's Grammy Awards, Mumford & Sons' "Babel" goes back up to the top spot in the Billboard 200 chart, as expected. It moves up to no. 1 from its previous fourth spot ranking, selling 185,000 copies for a whopping 243% sales increase this week.
It is Mumford & Sons' fourth non-consecutive week at no. 1, with "Babel" spending its first three weeks at the top of the album charts back in October when it was first released. It leads this week's roster of top ten albums where most of the entries are boosted by the recent Grammy Awards.
The "2013 Grammy Nominees" album, a compilation of songs nominated for the prestigious award, jumps back to the coveted top ten group, leaping to no. 2 from standing by just outside the top ten at no. 11 last week. It makes a 136% jump in sales, selling 88,000 copies.
Other acts who benefit from their Grammy appearance are Bruno Mars, whose "Unorthodox Jukebox" moves up to no. 3 from last week's no. 8 spot, after posting a 112% increase in records sold with 86,000 copies, and show opener Taylor Swift, whose "Red" album returns to the top ten this week at no. 4.
Swift's comeback comes off a very short one-week stay at no. 12 last week, being bumped off from the top ten for the first time after steadily remaining at the top ten for many weeks even from as far as last year. It sells additional 72,000 units for a 106% improvement.
Other gainers this week are The Lumineers self-titled album at no. 6 from no. 10, up by 70% with 67,000, Fun.'s "Some Nights" which is up to no. 7 from no. 14, up by 118% with 66,000, and Maroon 5's "Overexposed", at no. 10 from no. 20, up by 119% with 48,000. On the downside, last week's no. 1, Josh Groban's "All That Echoes" drops to no. 5, down 50% with 72,000. Last week's no. 3 album "Now 45" plummets to no. 8, down 27% with 63,000 and Andrea Bocelli's "Passione" album goes down to no. 9 with 48,000, down slightly by
- Mumford & Sons - "Babel" (185,000)
- various artists - "2013 Grammy Nominees" (88,000)
- Bruno Mars - "Unorthodox Jukebox" (86,000)
- Taylor Swift - "Red" (72,000)
- Josh Groban - "All That Echoes" (72,000)
- The Lumineers - "The Lumineers" (67,000)
- Fun. - "Some Nights" (66,000)
- various artists - "Now 45" (63,000)
- Andrea Bocelli - "Passione" (48,000)
- Maroon 5 - "Overexposed" (48,000)
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry