Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake Headline Wireless Festival at London's Olympic Park
Live Nation, promoters of London's Wireless Festival in July this year, have announced that the team-up of Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake will headline this summer's music fest to be staged at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park from it's previous Hyde Park location. Live Nation is taking the festival to Olympic Park due to Hyde Park noise restrictions and problems with cost and logistics.
Timberlake is set to take the stage first, headlining the star-studded Friday, July 12 concert along with Snoop Dogg, Trey Songz, John Legend and recent Grammy winner Frank Ocean. Meanwhile, Jay-Z leads the cast of performers the day after which includes Emeli Sande, Rita Ora, Kendrick Lamar, DJ Fresh and Calvin Harris.
Their Wireless festival gig will be Jay-Z's only European performance this year as it is Timberlake's only U.K. festival show of the summer aside from his tour somewhere else in the U.K. this year. It will be among the many live performances eyed for the two music superstars, following their "Suit & Tie" track team-up.
Their Olympic Park concert comes in the heels of a still unconfirmed joint 10-city tour for the two real-life pals. The purported idea for joint stadium tour for "JT" and "JZ" was brought on after their Grammy Awards performance of "Suit & Tie" followed by a post-Grammy show at the Hollywood Palladium on the same night.
More Jay-Z News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance