Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake Headline Wireless Festival at London's Olympic Park
Live Nation, promoters of London's Wireless Festival in July this year, have announced that the team-up of Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake will headline this summer's music fest to be staged at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park from it's previous Hyde Park location. Live Nation is taking the festival to Olympic Park due to Hyde Park noise restrictions and problems with cost and logistics.
Timberlake is set to take the stage first, headlining the star-studded Friday, July 12 concert along with Snoop Dogg, Trey Songz, John Legend and recent Grammy winner Frank Ocean. Meanwhile, Jay-Z leads the cast of performers the day after which includes Emeli Sande, Rita Ora, Kendrick Lamar, DJ Fresh and Calvin Harris.
Their Wireless festival gig will be Jay-Z's only European performance this year as it is Timberlake's only U.K. festival show of the summer aside from his tour somewhere else in the U.K. this year. It will be among the many live performances eyed for the two music superstars, following their "Suit & Tie" track team-up.
Their Olympic Park concert comes in the heels of a still unconfirmed joint 10-city tour for the two real-life pals. The purported idea for joint stadium tour for "JT" and "JZ" was brought on after their Grammy Awards performance of "Suit & Tie" followed by a post-Grammy show at the Hollywood Palladium on the same night.
More Jay-Z News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'