Clive Davis Defends His Memoir From Kelly Clarkson's Criticism
Clive Davis is not staying mum after Kelly Clarkson accused him of bullying her on his memoir "The Soundtrack of My Life". Quickly after Clarkson blasted him on her Who Say account, Davis took to his Twitter account to defend his book. He insisted that everything he wrote on the book were factually accurate.
"As anyone who has read 'The Soundtrack of My Life' knows, I think Kelly Clarkson is a tremendous vocal talent and performer," he wrote in the Twitlonger message. "In the book, I provide an in-depth look at our years together during which we shared major multi-platinum success, as well as a few creative differences."
He went on saying, "I am truly very sorry that she has decided to take issue with what I know to be an accurate depiction of our time together. Before the book was published, I had every fact checked with five independent individuals who were present on a daily basis throughout it all."
"The chapter as it is written was thoroughly verified by each and every one of them. I stand by the chapter as written in my book. At the same time I wish, and will always wish, Kelly's talent and her career to soar to ever new heights."
As reported earlier on Tuesday, February 19, Clarkson accused Davis of "spreading false information about" her and her music. She claimed on her blog, "I refuse to be bullied. It feels like a violation. Growing up is awesome because you learn you don't have to cower to anyone - even Clive Davis."
Clarkson denied that she burst into "hysterical sobbing" in Davis' office when he demanded "Since You Been Gone" be on her album. The songstress insisted, "Not true at all. I did want more guitars added to the original demo and Clive did not. Max, Luke (the co-writers of the song) and I still fought for the bigger sound and we prevailed and I couldn't be more proud of the life of that song. I resent him dampening that song in any way."
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle