'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' to Take Place 15 Years After First Film With Jason Clarke
Since Matt Reeves was picked as the new director to replace Rupert Wyatt in "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes", there has only been a few updates on the movie project. However, The Hollywood Reporter breaks the news that the project has now found its new male lead in Jason Clarke.
Clarke, who recently stole attention thanks to his performance as a CIA agent in "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)", will replace James Franco who filled the shoes of the lead protagonist in the first film "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". Details of Clarke's role, however, are still kept under very tight wraps.
Another tidbit about the sequel is that the story will take place 15 years after the events in the first movie. The plot will revolve around the human scientists who are struggling to survive alone in San Francisco. Additionally, there's an aspect in the logline that highlights the struggle of smart ape Caesar to maintain dominance over his kingdom.
Andy Serkis has been sealed to return, performing motion-capture to bring Caesar to life. The filming is expected to kick off this spring. While Reeves serves behind the lens, Mark Bomback works to pen the script.
As for Clarke, the actor has been seen tackling supporting roles in a number of high-profile features in the past years. They included "Public Enemies", "Lawless (2012)" and "Zero Dark Thirty". This year, he will also be seen in Baz Luhrmann's "The Great Gatsby".
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist