Kelly Clarkson Claims Clive Davis Bullies Her and Her Music
Kelly Clarkson claimed Clive Davis spread false information about her and her music in his memoir entitled "The Soundtrack of My Life". The pop singer took to her blog to "clear up his memory lapses and misinformation" for herself and her fans.
"So I just heard Clive Davis is releasing a memoir and spreading false information about me and my music. I refuse to be bullied," Clarkson wrote. "It feels like a violation. Growing up is awesome because you learn you don't have to cower to anyone - even Clive Davis."
In Davis' memoir, he wrote that Clarkson burst into "hysterical sobbing" in his office when he demanded "Since You Been Gone" be on her album. "Not true at all," she continued. "I did want more guitars added to the original demo and Clive did not. Max, Luke (the co-writers of the song) and I still fought for the bigger sound and we prevailed and I couldn't be more proud of the life of that song. I resent him dampening that song in any way."
However, Clarkson admitted she once cried in Davis' office. "I cried after I played him a song I had written about my life called 'Because Of You'. I cried because he hated it and told me verbatim that I was a 'sh*tty writer who should be grateful for the gifts that he bestows upon me'. He continued on about how the song didn't rhyme and how I should just shut up and sing," the 30-year-old singer added. "But I continued to fight for the song and the label relented. And it became a worldwide hit. He didn't include that in the book."
Later Davis wrote about how Clarkson's third album, "My December", wasn't successful because she didn't co-pen any hit material for it. He called it "pop album that still needs pop hits." Clarkson cleared it up, "I've co-penned many of my 'pop hits' and 'My December' went platinum. He doesn't mention how he stood up in front of his company at a convention and belittled me and my music and completely sabotaged the entire project. It never had a chance to reach its full potential."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo