Kelly Clarkson Claims Clive Davis Bullies Her and Her Music
Kelly Clarkson claimed Clive Davis spread false information about her and her music in his memoir entitled "The Soundtrack of My Life". The pop singer took to her blog to "clear up his memory lapses and misinformation" for herself and her fans.
"So I just heard Clive Davis is releasing a memoir and spreading false information about me and my music. I refuse to be bullied," Clarkson wrote. "It feels like a violation. Growing up is awesome because you learn you don't have to cower to anyone - even Clive Davis."
In Davis' memoir, he wrote that Clarkson burst into "hysterical sobbing" in his office when he demanded "Since You Been Gone" be on her album. "Not true at all," she continued. "I did want more guitars added to the original demo and Clive did not. Max, Luke (the co-writers of the song) and I still fought for the bigger sound and we prevailed and I couldn't be more proud of the life of that song. I resent him dampening that song in any way."
However, Clarkson admitted she once cried in Davis' office. "I cried after I played him a song I had written about my life called 'Because Of You'. I cried because he hated it and told me verbatim that I was a 'sh*tty writer who should be grateful for the gifts that he bestows upon me'. He continued on about how the song didn't rhyme and how I should just shut up and sing," the 30-year-old singer added. "But I continued to fight for the song and the label relented. And it became a worldwide hit. He didn't include that in the book."
Later Davis wrote about how Clarkson's third album, "My December", wasn't successful because she didn't co-pen any hit material for it. He called it "pop album that still needs pop hits." Clarkson cleared it up, "I've co-penned many of my 'pop hits' and 'My December' went platinum. He doesn't mention how he stood up in front of his company at a convention and belittled me and my music and completely sabotaged the entire project. It never had a chance to reach its full potential."
More Kelly Clarkson News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl