Bruce Lee to Get Biopic Treatment With 'Birth of the Dragon'
A biopic about martial art master Bruce Lee is officially in the works. The Hollywood Reporter shares the news that QED International is developing a big screen film called "Birth of the Dragon", which will focus on the origin story of the legendary martial artist.
While it hasn't found a director, the project has tapped Christopher Wilkinson and Stephen Rivele as the screenwriters. The two scribes will also serve as co-producers alongside Michael London and QED CEO Bill Block.
Of Wilkinson and Rivele's take on the Bruce Lee tale, producer London says, "Stephen Rivele and Chris Wilkinson have taken a little-known chapter in the life of Bruce Lee and used it as a jumping-off point for a bold, exciting story about the making of an international legend."
"Birth of the Dragon" itself will center on Lee's career-defining 1965 no-holds-barred TKO battle with kung fu master Wong Jack Man. Additionally, the film will focus on the team-up between the two legends to take on the Triads. The fight with Jack Man was the last official one of Lee's career before he headed into acting, competition and building his martial arts philosophy.
It is still unclear when the project is expected to kick off and who is the actor poised to tackle the coveted part of Lee.
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day