Bruce Lee to Get Biopic Treatment With 'Birth of the Dragon'
A biopic about martial art master Bruce Lee is officially in the works. The Hollywood Reporter shares the news that QED International is developing a big screen film called "Birth of the Dragon", which will focus on the origin story of the legendary martial artist.
While it hasn't found a director, the project has tapped Christopher Wilkinson and Stephen Rivele as the screenwriters. The two scribes will also serve as co-producers alongside Michael London and QED CEO Bill Block.
Of Wilkinson and Rivele's take on the Bruce Lee tale, producer London says, "Stephen Rivele and Chris Wilkinson have taken a little-known chapter in the life of Bruce Lee and used it as a jumping-off point for a bold, exciting story about the making of an international legend."
"Birth of the Dragon" itself will center on Lee's career-defining 1965 no-holds-barred TKO battle with kung fu master Wong Jack Man. Additionally, the film will focus on the team-up between the two legends to take on the Triads. The fight with Jack Man was the last official one of Lee's career before he headed into acting, competition and building his martial arts philosophy.
It is still unclear when the project is expected to kick off and who is the actor poised to tackle the coveted part of Lee.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!