Video: Dennis Rodman Gets Emotional Remembering Jerry Buss on 'Tonight Show'
Dennis Rodman got emotional when visiting "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Monday, February 18. In the wake of Dr. Jerry Buss' death, host Jay Leno asked Rodman about the Lakers owner and the retired professional basketball player couldn't hide his sadness.
"He's just like my dad," Rodman began remembering the late Buss and talking about Buss' role in his life. "And he just -- damn, man, it's like wow," he got choked up and couldn't continue to speak.
Buss died at 80 years old on Monday in Los Angeles after battling cancer. He had been hospitalized for 18 months. A successful real estate investor who obtained a doctorate in physical chemistry, he bought the LA Lakers from Jack Kent Cooke in 1979.
Rodman played for Lakers in 1998-1999. Expressing his condolences, he tweeted earlier the day, "My thoughts and prayers are with the Buss family. Dr. Jerry Buss was like a Dad to me and is a tremendous loss to Lakers fam."
Rodman stopped by "The Tonight Show" to promote his upcoming appearance on All-Star edition of The Celebrity Apprentice". The new season of the reality TV series will premiere Sunday, March 3 on NBC.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding