Video: Dennis Rodman Gets Emotional Remembering Jerry Buss on 'Tonight Show'
Dennis Rodman got emotional when visiting "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Monday, February 18. In the wake of Dr. Jerry Buss' death, host Jay Leno asked Rodman about the Lakers owner and the retired professional basketball player couldn't hide his sadness.
"He's just like my dad," Rodman began remembering the late Buss and talking about Buss' role in his life. "And he just -- damn, man, it's like wow," he got choked up and couldn't continue to speak.
Buss died at 80 years old on Monday in Los Angeles after battling cancer. He had been hospitalized for 18 months. A successful real estate investor who obtained a doctorate in physical chemistry, he bought the LA Lakers from Jack Kent Cooke in 1979.
Rodman played for Lakers in 1998-1999. Expressing his condolences, he tweeted earlier the day, "My thoughts and prayers are with the Buss family. Dr. Jerry Buss was like a Dad to me and is a tremendous loss to Lakers fam."
Rodman stopped by "The Tonight Show" to promote his upcoming appearance on All-Star edition of The Celebrity Apprentice". The new season of the reality TV series will premiere Sunday, March 3 on NBC.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service