Video: Dennis Rodman Gets Emotional Remembering Jerry Buss on 'Tonight Show'
Dennis Rodman got emotional when visiting "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Monday, February 18. In the wake of Dr. Jerry Buss' death, host Jay Leno asked Rodman about the Lakers owner and the retired professional basketball player couldn't hide his sadness.
"He's just like my dad," Rodman began remembering the late Buss and talking about Buss' role in his life. "And he just -- damn, man, it's like wow," he got choked up and couldn't continue to speak.
Buss died at 80 years old on Monday in Los Angeles after battling cancer. He had been hospitalized for 18 months. A successful real estate investor who obtained a doctorate in physical chemistry, he bought the LA Lakers from Jack Kent Cooke in 1979.
Rodman played for Lakers in 1998-1999. Expressing his condolences, he tweeted earlier the day, "My thoughts and prayers are with the Buss family. Dr. Jerry Buss was like a Dad to me and is a tremendous loss to Lakers fam."
Rodman stopped by "The Tonight Show" to promote his upcoming appearance on All-Star edition of The Celebrity Apprentice". The new season of the reality TV series will premiere Sunday, March 3 on NBC.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!