Taylor Swift Sued by Cancelled Canada Concert Promoters
Promoters of the cancelled Capital Hoedown country music concert, which was set to take place in August last year in Ottawa, Canada, have sued the show's headliner Taylor Swift allegedly for failing to return the hefty $2.5 million paycheck she received for the gig. The 23-year-old singer was paid upfront, but the show got cancelled as it could not be pulled together in time for the scheduled date of the concert.
Now the promoters, by filing a lawsuit with the New York federal court, are demanding Swift to return the payment for them to recover the $1.8 million in losses the ticket company suffered as a result of ticket refunds. Even if she reimburses the promoters and the ticket company just for the reported $1.8 million in losses they incurred, the "I Knew You Were Trouble" singer will still stand to make a sizeable gain of $700,000 from a show where she didn't sing a tune or even lift a finger to perform on at all.
However, Swift's representative argues that the artist never entered into a deal with the ticket company and should therefore not be held liable for any of their losses as a result of the show's cancellation. Swift has reportedly not yet received a copy of the lawsuit filed against her as of this time.
Notwithstanding the case she's about to face, Swift is expected to continue breezing through her numerous projects that have already been lined-up for her. The jet-setting entertainer will be flying to London this week to perform in the Brit Awards, and will also be releasing a new single "22" from her chart-topping 2012 album "Red".
More Taylor Swift News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart