Kathleen Kennedy Exits 'Jurassic Park IV' to Produce 'Star Wars Episode 7'
It seems that Universal Pictures' long-gestating "Jurassic Park IV" project must find a new producer since Kathleen Kennedy has decided to exit the project. The longtime producing partner of Steven Spielberg departs the 2014 tentpole to work on another massive film project, which is none other than Disney/LucasFilm's "Star Wars Episode 7".
The news of Kennedy's departure from the dinosaur film franchise was confirmed by Frank Marshall when answering a fan on Twitter who asked, "Will Kathleen Kennedy also produce Jurassic Park 4?" He replied, "No, Ms. Kennedy has moved onto Star Wars and will not be producing JP4. She's traded raptors for TIE fighters."
"JP4" has been in development for quite a while. The fourth installment of the "Jurassic Park" series has Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver serving as the scribes. Spielberg will not return as the helmer, but he's originally set to executive produce the project alongside Kennedy. Though it hasn't found a director, the fourquel is already set for a June 13, 2014 U.S. release.
As for "Episode VII", the much-talked-about space saga movie has sealed A-list sci-fi filmmaker J.J. Abrams to serve behind the lens with Oscar winner Michael Arndt penning the script. The movie is slated for a 2015 release Stateside.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'