Kathleen Kennedy Exits 'Jurassic Park IV' to Produce 'Star Wars Episode 7'
It seems that Universal Pictures' long-gestating "Jurassic Park IV" project must find a new producer since Kathleen Kennedy has decided to exit the project. The longtime producing partner of Steven Spielberg departs the 2014 tentpole to work on another massive film project, which is none other than Disney/LucasFilm's "Star Wars Episode 7".
The news of Kennedy's departure from the dinosaur film franchise was confirmed by Frank Marshall when answering a fan on Twitter who asked, "Will Kathleen Kennedy also produce Jurassic Park 4?" He replied, "No, Ms. Kennedy has moved onto Star Wars and will not be producing JP4. She's traded raptors for TIE fighters."
"JP4" has been in development for quite a while. The fourth installment of the "Jurassic Park" series has Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver serving as the scribes. Spielberg will not return as the helmer, but he's originally set to executive produce the project alongside Kennedy. Though it hasn't found a director, the fourquel is already set for a June 13, 2014 U.S. release.
As for "Episode VII", the much-talked-about space saga movie has sealed A-list sci-fi filmmaker J.J. Abrams to serve behind the lens with Oscar winner Michael Arndt penning the script. The movie is slated for a 2015 release Stateside.
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'