Kathleen Kennedy Exits 'Jurassic Park IV' to Produce 'Star Wars Episode 7'
It seems that Universal Pictures' long-gestating "Jurassic Park IV" project must find a new producer since Kathleen Kennedy has decided to exit the project. The longtime producing partner of Steven Spielberg departs the 2014 tentpole to work on another massive film project, which is none other than Disney/LucasFilm's "Star Wars Episode 7".
The news of Kennedy's departure from the dinosaur film franchise was confirmed by Frank Marshall when answering a fan on Twitter who asked, "Will Kathleen Kennedy also produce Jurassic Park 4?" He replied, "No, Ms. Kennedy has moved onto Star Wars and will not be producing JP4. She's traded raptors for TIE fighters."
"JP4" has been in development for quite a while. The fourth installment of the "Jurassic Park" series has Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver serving as the scribes. Spielberg will not return as the helmer, but he's originally set to executive produce the project alongside Kennedy. Though it hasn't found a director, the fourquel is already set for a June 13, 2014 U.S. release.
As for "Episode VII", the much-talked-about space saga movie has sealed A-list sci-fi filmmaker J.J. Abrams to serve behind the lens with Oscar winner Michael Arndt penning the script. The movie is slated for a 2015 release Stateside.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia