Mariah Carey Premieres New Single 'Almost Home'
Pop/R'n'B diva Mariah Carey premieres her new single "Almost Home", a song featured in the forthcoming flick "Oz: The Great and Powerful". Recorded by the 42-year-old entertainer for the new Sam Raimi film, it features the powerful vocals and extensive range that Carey is best known for.
"'Almost Home' has a message that works beautifully with the film," the singer/songwriter said about her new single included in the "Oz" soundtrack. "It's a feel-good record; it gives you the feeling of reaching your home and being with people that you love."
"Oz: The Great and Powerful", which opens on March 8, recently concluded its star-studded red carpet Los Angeles premiere at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood. Its cast alone bringing in big names as James Franco, Rachel Weisz, Michelle Williams, Zach Braff and Mila Kunis, among others. The new fantasy adventure film, a classic tale of good versus evil, follows the magical transformation of a circus performer into the great and powerful wizard, where Carey's feel-good track fits quite well.
"Almost Home", co-written by Carey along with Simone Porter, Justin Gray and Lindsey Ray, is set for radio release on February 19, with its music video following shortly after. Meanwhile, Carey can be seen as one of season twelve's four judges in the hit TV reality singing competition "American Idol", taking on the big task of finding the next big singing star she shares with "Idol" mainstay Randy Jackson, country crooner Keith Urban and her feuding co-judge Nicki Minaj.
Mariah Carey's "Almost Home":
More Mariah Carey News
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary