Robert Plant Teases He's Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion
After coming up with several reasons to decline a Led Zeppelin reunion tour with former band mates, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist/keyboardist John Paul Jones, the English rock band's vocalist Robert Plant is finally reconsidering the mega gig. After reportedly being "uninterested" back in 2007 and then "busy" more recently in 2011, Plant now hints he's open to it.
"I've got nothing to do in 2014," teased the Led Zeppelin frontman about his availability for a possible tour. "[Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones] are Capricorns. They don't say a word. They're quite contained in their own worlds and they leave it to me," said Plant. "I'm not the bad guy ... You need to see the Capricorns", Plant seems to have passed the buck as to why the much-clamored reunion tour has not pushed thru as of yet.
Following the success of their reunion show at London's famed O2 Arena last December 10, 2007, it was said that Page and Jones had wanted to go on tour but Plant was reportedly wasn't interested. They were so intent on touring, they even considered getting someone to stand-in for the unavailable Plant, who apparently was busy at that time planning for his own solo tour. They had finally abandoned the touring plans and settled for the "Celebration Day" DVD of their 2007 O2 Arena concert.
Last month, Led Zeppelin entered talks for an exclusive streaming deal over their extensive catalogue. Before that, by the end of last year, they were awarded special honors by Pres. Barack Obama in ceremonies held at the Kennedy Center, for their contribution to American culture and the arts.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'