Robert Plant Teases He's Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion
After coming up with several reasons to decline a Led Zeppelin reunion tour with former band mates, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist/keyboardist John Paul Jones, the English rock band's vocalist Robert Plant is finally reconsidering the mega gig. After reportedly being "uninterested" back in 2007 and then "busy" more recently in 2011, Plant now hints he's open to it.
"I've got nothing to do in 2014," teased the Led Zeppelin frontman about his availability for a possible tour. "[Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones] are Capricorns. They don't say a word. They're quite contained in their own worlds and they leave it to me," said Plant. "I'm not the bad guy ... You need to see the Capricorns", Plant seems to have passed the buck as to why the much-clamored reunion tour has not pushed thru as of yet.
Following the success of their reunion show at London's famed O2 Arena last December 10, 2007, it was said that Page and Jones had wanted to go on tour but Plant was reportedly wasn't interested. They were so intent on touring, they even considered getting someone to stand-in for the unavailable Plant, who apparently was busy at that time planning for his own solo tour. They had finally abandoned the touring plans and settled for the "Celebration Day" DVD of their 2007 O2 Arena concert.
Last month, Led Zeppelin entered talks for an exclusive streaming deal over their extensive catalogue. Before that, by the end of last year, they were awarded special honors by Pres. Barack Obama in ceremonies held at the Kennedy Center, for their contribution to American culture and the arts.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics