Robert Plant Teases He's Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion
After coming up with several reasons to decline a Led Zeppelin reunion tour with former band mates, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist/keyboardist John Paul Jones, the English rock band's vocalist Robert Plant is finally reconsidering the mega gig. After reportedly being "uninterested" back in 2007 and then "busy" more recently in 2011, Plant now hints he's open to it.
"I've got nothing to do in 2014," teased the Led Zeppelin frontman about his availability for a possible tour. "[Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones] are Capricorns. They don't say a word. They're quite contained in their own worlds and they leave it to me," said Plant. "I'm not the bad guy ... You need to see the Capricorns", Plant seems to have passed the buck as to why the much-clamored reunion tour has not pushed thru as of yet.
Following the success of their reunion show at London's famed O2 Arena last December 10, 2007, it was said that Page and Jones had wanted to go on tour but Plant was reportedly wasn't interested. They were so intent on touring, they even considered getting someone to stand-in for the unavailable Plant, who apparently was busy at that time planning for his own solo tour. They had finally abandoned the touring plans and settled for the "Celebration Day" DVD of their 2007 O2 Arena concert.
Last month, Led Zeppelin entered talks for an exclusive streaming deal over their extensive catalogue. Before that, by the end of last year, they were awarded special honors by Pres. Barack Obama in ceremonies held at the Kennedy Center, for their contribution to American culture and the arts.
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says