Alicia Keys Headlines NBA All-Star Game Halftime Show
R'n'B superstar Alicia Keys sang four of her biggest hits during her halftime show performance at the NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, February 17 at the Toyota Center. The 32-year-old singer dished out her new singles "Girl on Fire" and "New Day" along with older hits "No One" and "Empire State of Mind", which she started playing on her trademark grand piano.
She finished off the song by taking the stage backed up by a four dancers while she belted out the "New York" filled lyrics somewhat awkwardly in front of the Houston, Texas crowd who showed up for the game and stayed put for the halftime break. She followed it up with a slightly different arrangement of her current hit "Girl on Fire" before segueing to "No One", which she performed alternately onstage and behind her piano.
She finished off her medley with her latest single "New Day" with more back-up dancers moving to the stage to support the diva in closing out her ten-minute halftime show. Lending more support for Keys even off the stage were her husband Swizz Beatz, who was at courtside seated with power couple Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles.
Joining Keys in filling up the 30-minute halftime show were R'n'B crooners John Legend, who kicked off the festivities by singing the national anthem, and Ne-Yo who pumped the crowd up during the introduction of the NBA all-stars which he worked up with his hits "Let Me Love You" and "Let's Go".
Alicia Keys' NBA All-Star Game Halftime Show medley:
John Legend sings "The Star-Spangled Banner" at NBA All-Star Game:
Ne-Yo's NBA All-Star Game performance:
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom