Katy Perry Engagement Rumor Found Untrue
Public has been speculating whether the ring Katy Perry wore after Valentine's Day date with John Mayer in an Italian restaurant in Los Angeles was a sign that John had proposed to her. So far, there has been no word from Katy or her agency about the rumor. However, a source recently told People, "[They're] not engaged."
John reportedly bought the 30,000 pounds ring to celebrate the moment he and Katy moved in together. A source told the Sun this week, "He's trying so hard to prove that his bad behavior towards women has changed now." The same source added, "He saw the ring and thought it was a perfect gift for Valentine's Day."
The source mentioned that it was a commitment ring. Katy was really happy to receive it. "She loved it. There's no way she's ready to get married yet so a commitment ring is perfect," said the same source.
The special ring was made by Daniel Gibbings, a jeweler and designer from California. Gibbings' representative said that the design of the ring "use a lot of texture," and it's "definitely more trendy and boho."
The beautiful ring John chose for Katy was embedded with a large heart-shaped ruby and decorated with smaller precious stones. John bought the ring himself. Gibbings' representative revealed that John was "really super nice".
More Katy Perry News
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks