Rihanna Reportedly Set to Headline 2013 Glastonbury Festival
Barbadian princess Rihanna is said to be lined-up to perform as a headliner on the 2013 Glastonbury Festival that will run from June 26 to 30 at the Pilton farms in Somerset, in South West England. The "Umbrella" singer will reportedly close the music festival, as she is supposedly tapped to perform on the last night of the annual event, which took a year off in 2012 in lieu of the London Summer Olympics.
"She is the perfect choice," an unnamed source said. "She's got a huge back catalogue and is undoubtedly the biggest female artist around at the moment." Other than multiple Grammy Award-winner Adele, she is seen as a worthy headlining act at the U.K music fest after Beyonce Knowles who stole the show two years ago.
"I'd love to play Glastonbury. I have heard so many things about what happens there", Rihanna first revealed how much she'd like to join the music fest back in 2011. She also joked about how her massive hit "Umbrella" would be a fitting song for the often rain-drenched festival.
Other acts set to perform on the Pyramid Stage besides the "Where Have You Been" singer are indie rock band Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon, and The Rolling Stones. So far, only Malian singer Rokia Traore has been confirmed to play within the five-day musical extravaganza. It remains to be seen if previously rumored performer Lady GaGa can recuperate in time to make it to the June shows after her hip surgery.
More Rihanna News
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash