'Amazing Race' Season 22 Premiere Recap: Sandcastle Searches in Bora Bora
"The Amazing Race" season 22 has finally been premiered on Sunday, February 17. Kicking off at the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, the game began as Phil Keoghan welcomed all 11 teams before telling them that there would be two Express Passes that could be grabbed at the end of this first leg.
When he finally said "go," the teams jetted off to Bora Bora for their first destination. Chuck & Wynona, Pam & Winnie, Idries & Jamil, Dave & Connor, and Jessica & John took off with the first plane. Meanwhile, the second plane had Max & Katie, Monica & Beth, Anthony & Bates, Caroline & Jen, Joey & Meghan, and Matthew & Daniel.
As they arrived in Bora Bora, the teams met the first Road Block which required one team member to go skydiving out of a helicopter, while the other member must hail a water taxi to the landing zone. John & Jessica accomplished the challenge first, while Idries & Jamil trailed behind.
They quickly headed to Eden Beach to catch another Road Block. There, they were tasked to look for a clue which was hidden in one of 400 sandcastles in the middle of over 100 degree heat. It got even difficult since they had to rebuild every castle they accidentally destroyed.
Once again, Jessica finished first. She and John then assembled a canoe and paddled a mile to hit the pit stop in Motu Cafe. The pair was followed by Anthony & Bates, who were lucky to find the clue quickly despite their late arrival from the previous challenge.
David and Connor arrived third, followed by Pam & Winnie. Idries & Jamil who finished quickly in the first Road Block arrived eighth. Meanwhile, Matthew & Daniel were the last pair to hit the pit stop, therefore they were sent packing.
As the winners, Jessica & John claimed the Express Passes which made them in a powerful position. They, however, must give a pass to another team by the end of the fourth leg. Idries & Jamil already made an alliance on the way to Bora Bora, and the group agreed to give the pass to whoever came in runner-up spot. The problem was that Anthony & Bates weren't in the alliance, so it would be interesting to see what Jessica & John would decide.
"The Amazing Race" season 22 is set to air every Sunday at 8/7c on CBS. Next week, they will still continue the game in Bora Bora, before flying to New Zealand for the third leg.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2