'Amazing Race' Season 22 Premiere Recap: Sandcastle Searches in Bora Bora
"The Amazing Race" season 22 has finally been premiered on Sunday, February 17. Kicking off at the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, the game began as Phil Keoghan welcomed all 11 teams before telling them that there would be two Express Passes that could be grabbed at the end of this first leg.
When he finally said "go," the teams jetted off to Bora Bora for their first destination. Chuck & Wynona, Pam & Winnie, Idries & Jamil, Dave & Connor, and Jessica & John took off with the first plane. Meanwhile, the second plane had Max & Katie, Monica & Beth, Anthony & Bates, Caroline & Jen, Joey & Meghan, and Matthew & Daniel.
As they arrived in Bora Bora, the teams met the first Road Block which required one team member to go skydiving out of a helicopter, while the other member must hail a water taxi to the landing zone. John & Jessica accomplished the challenge first, while Idries & Jamil trailed behind.
They quickly headed to Eden Beach to catch another Road Block. There, they were tasked to look for a clue which was hidden in one of 400 sandcastles in the middle of over 100 degree heat. It got even difficult since they had to rebuild every castle they accidentally destroyed.
Once again, Jessica finished first. She and John then assembled a canoe and paddled a mile to hit the pit stop in Motu Cafe. The pair was followed by Anthony & Bates, who were lucky to find the clue quickly despite their late arrival from the previous challenge.
David and Connor arrived third, followed by Pam & Winnie. Idries & Jamil who finished quickly in the first Road Block arrived eighth. Meanwhile, Matthew & Daniel were the last pair to hit the pit stop, therefore they were sent packing.
As the winners, Jessica & John claimed the Express Passes which made them in a powerful position. They, however, must give a pass to another team by the end of the fourth leg. Idries & Jamil already made an alliance on the way to Bora Bora, and the group agreed to give the pass to whoever came in runner-up spot. The problem was that Anthony & Bates weren't in the alliance, so it would be interesting to see what Jessica & John would decide.
"The Amazing Race" season 22 is set to air every Sunday at 8/7c on CBS. Next week, they will still continue the game in Bora Bora, before flying to New Zealand for the third leg.
More The Amazing Race News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!