Eve Denies Doubting Britney Spears' Vocals in 'Scream and Shout'
Eve defended herself from the accusation she made on whether Britney Spears really sang in will.i.am's new song, "Scream & Shout". "I didn't say anything about her singing. I said something about her British accent. We know it's Britney Spears singing the song. I never said anything," Eve said to TMZ's reporter, Sunday, February 17.
On the song, Britney appears and sings almost the whole lyrics with British accent. Her familiar voice can only be heard for a few seconds, and it seems that Eve doesn't agree that it is Britney who sings the song.
Eve appeared on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" Wednesday, February 13 and host Andy Cohen asked his guests Eve and English celebrity chef Nigella Lawson their feelings about the pop star's British accent in her collaboration with the Black Eyed Peas' frontman.
"I heard that might not be Britney," Eve answered and immediately got boo-ed by the audience. "That's what I heard, but you know, I don't know. It could be Britney. But I heard it wasn't."
"Completely not true," Britney's representative cleared up the allegation, confirming that it was really Britney who sang the song. "Britney absolutely sings on 'Scream & Shout'."
One day after Eve's appearance on "WWHL", she confirmed via Twitter that it wasn't the singing she doubted, but the British-accent. "Come on ya'll My comment was not about Britney Spears NOT singing the song- clearly it's her. It was about the British accent-pay attention," she tweeted.
More Eve News
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer