Eve Denies Doubting Britney Spears' Vocals in 'Scream and Shout'
Eve defended herself from the accusation she made on whether Britney Spears really sang in will.i.am's new song, "Scream & Shout". "I didn't say anything about her singing. I said something about her British accent. We know it's Britney Spears singing the song. I never said anything," Eve said to TMZ's reporter, Sunday, February 17.
On the song, Britney appears and sings almost the whole lyrics with British accent. Her familiar voice can only be heard for a few seconds, and it seems that Eve doesn't agree that it is Britney who sings the song.
Eve appeared on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" Wednesday, February 13 and host Andy Cohen asked his guests Eve and English celebrity chef Nigella Lawson their feelings about the pop star's British accent in her collaboration with the Black Eyed Peas' frontman.
"I heard that might not be Britney," Eve answered and immediately got boo-ed by the audience. "That's what I heard, but you know, I don't know. It could be Britney. But I heard it wasn't."
"Completely not true," Britney's representative cleared up the allegation, confirming that it was really Britney who sang the song. "Britney absolutely sings on 'Scream & Shout'."
One day after Eve's appearance on "WWHL", she confirmed via Twitter that it wasn't the singing she doubted, but the British-accent. "Come on ya'll My comment was not about Britney Spears NOT singing the song- clearly it's her. It was about the British accent-pay attention," she tweeted.
More Eve News
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis