Forest Whitaker Slams New York City Deli for Falsely Accusing Him of Shoplifting
Forest Whitaker is fuming at New York City Deli. "The Last King of Scotland" actor claims he was falsely accused of stealing at the Milano Market on the Upper East Side Friday, February 15. According to TMZ, an employee stopped him on his way out and frisked him in plain view but found nothing on him.
"This was an upsetting incident given the fact that Forest did nothing more than walk into the deli. What is most unfortunate about this situation is the inappropriate way store employees are treating patrons of their establishment," his rep says. "Frisking individuals without proof/evidence is a violation of rights."
The representative adds in a statement, "Forest did not call the authorities at the request of the worker who was in fear of losing his employment. Forest asked that, in the future, the store change their behavior and treat the public in a fair and just manner."
Despite a statement from Whitaker's representative, manager at the Deli insisted "nothing ever happened at this location yesterday."
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies