Forest Whitaker Slams New York City Deli for Falsely Accusing Him of Shoplifting
Forest Whitaker is fuming at New York City Deli. "The Last King of Scotland" actor claims he was falsely accused of stealing at the Milano Market on the Upper East Side Friday, February 15. According to TMZ, an employee stopped him on his way out and frisked him in plain view but found nothing on him.
"This was an upsetting incident given the fact that Forest did nothing more than walk into the deli. What is most unfortunate about this situation is the inappropriate way store employees are treating patrons of their establishment," his rep says. "Frisking individuals without proof/evidence is a violation of rights."
The representative adds in a statement, "Forest did not call the authorities at the request of the worker who was in fear of losing his employment. Forest asked that, in the future, the store change their behavior and treat the public in a fair and just manner."
Despite a statement from Whitaker's representative, manager at the Deli insisted "nothing ever happened at this location yesterday."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked