Forest Whitaker Slams New York City Deli for Falsely Accusing Him of Shoplifting
Forest Whitaker is fuming at New York City Deli. "The Last King of Scotland" actor claims he was falsely accused of stealing at the Milano Market on the Upper East Side Friday, February 15. According to TMZ, an employee stopped him on his way out and frisked him in plain view but found nothing on him.
"This was an upsetting incident given the fact that Forest did nothing more than walk into the deli. What is most unfortunate about this situation is the inappropriate way store employees are treating patrons of their establishment," his rep says. "Frisking individuals without proof/evidence is a violation of rights."
The representative adds in a statement, "Forest did not call the authorities at the request of the worker who was in fear of losing his employment. Forest asked that, in the future, the store change their behavior and treat the public in a fair and just manner."
Despite a statement from Whitaker's representative, manager at the Deli insisted "nothing ever happened at this location yesterday."
More Forest Whitaker News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'