Forest Whitaker Slams New York City Deli for Falsely Accusing Him of Shoplifting
Forest Whitaker is fuming at New York City Deli. "The Last King of Scotland" actor claims he was falsely accused of stealing at the Milano Market on the Upper East Side Friday, February 15. According to TMZ, an employee stopped him on his way out and frisked him in plain view but found nothing on him.
"This was an upsetting incident given the fact that Forest did nothing more than walk into the deli. What is most unfortunate about this situation is the inappropriate way store employees are treating patrons of their establishment," his rep says. "Frisking individuals without proof/evidence is a violation of rights."
The representative adds in a statement, "Forest did not call the authorities at the request of the worker who was in fear of losing his employment. Forest asked that, in the future, the store change their behavior and treat the public in a fair and just manner."
Despite a statement from Whitaker's representative, manager at the Deli insisted "nothing ever happened at this location yesterday."
More Forest Whitaker News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding