Brad Pitt Passes on David Fincher's 'Leagues', Channing Tatum Is Eyed to Star
On Valentine's Day, words ran rampant that Brad Pitt was set to star in David Fincher's new project "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea". However, The Playlist made a clarification that Pitt would not take part in the fantasy film developed at Walt Disney Pictures.
The site explained that Pitt wouldn't star in the potential tentpole not because his deal hadn't been closed, but because he passed on the gig after initially saying "yes" to take the lead role a month ago. With Pitt turning down the role, Fincher is now looking for a new actor to lead his project and Channing Tatum is said to be a potential candidate.
Disney has "essentially greenlit" the "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" project, though the studio is still debating whether to shoot the 3D project in Australia or not. The problem is, Fincher still couldn't find the right actor to star in it. All the actors he wanted reportedly weren't available to shoot until next year.
The condition made the "Leagues" project seem uncertain. The film itself is a remake of the 1954 Jules Verne classic. It will look more closely into the background of Captain Nemo as well as that of his prisoners aboard the Nautilus. Scott Z. Burns, Michael Chabon, Justin Marks, Bill Marsilii and Randall Wallace have been tapped to adapt the story.
While looking for the actor to lead his new project, Fincher has been keeping himself busy with his collaboration with Justin Timberlake for the singer's recently-released music video "Suit & Tie". The filmmaker is not yet attached to helm another movie project since the planned sequel to "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" remains uncertain until now.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media