Brad Pitt Passes on David Fincher's 'Leagues', Channing Tatum Is Eyed to Star
On Valentine's Day, words ran rampant that Brad Pitt was set to star in David Fincher's new project "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea". However, The Playlist made a clarification that Pitt would not take part in the fantasy film developed at Walt Disney Pictures.
The site explained that Pitt wouldn't star in the potential tentpole not because his deal hadn't been closed, but because he passed on the gig after initially saying "yes" to take the lead role a month ago. With Pitt turning down the role, Fincher is now looking for a new actor to lead his project and Channing Tatum is said to be a potential candidate.
Disney has "essentially greenlit" the "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" project, though the studio is still debating whether to shoot the 3D project in Australia or not. The problem is, Fincher still couldn't find the right actor to star in it. All the actors he wanted reportedly weren't available to shoot until next year.
The condition made the "Leagues" project seem uncertain. The film itself is a remake of the 1954 Jules Verne classic. It will look more closely into the background of Captain Nemo as well as that of his prisoners aboard the Nautilus. Scott Z. Burns, Michael Chabon, Justin Marks, Bill Marsilii and Randall Wallace have been tapped to adapt the story.
While looking for the actor to lead his new project, Fincher has been keeping himself busy with his collaboration with Justin Timberlake for the singer's recently-released music video "Suit & Tie". The filmmaker is not yet attached to helm another movie project since the planned sequel to "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" remains uncertain until now.
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?