Usher Debuts Diplo-Produced New Track 'Go Missin' '
Within a year of releasing his Diplo-produced track "Climax", Usher links up again with the hit making-producer to come up with "Go Missin' ". The new collaboration track reportedly didn't make the cut in Usher's latest album "Looking4 Myself", but the R'n'B/pop crooner apparently dropped it on Valentine's Day for free as a special treat for his hordes of fans.
"You loved what I gave you last Valentine's #Climax So here is 'Special delivery from the cloud' Happy Valentine's Day!" Usher tweeted on Thursday. In the new track, Diplo, who has produced hits for Beyonce Knowles, M.I.A. and Chris Brown, put an electro-pulsating beat along with the singer's distinct vocals, creating a track that might just make it to Usher's next album, although there's no word on that yet.
The song's storyline runs along the lines of a man trying to convince a girl to come home with him after her inconsiderate lover leaves her alone in the club. "Come with me shorty, forget about him/ Call me big daddy till the mornin'/ Do yourself a favor tonight/ Cause a chance like this only happen once in a lifetime," Usher sings.
While on its run last year, Usher and Diplo's "Climax" topped the Billboard R&B chart and won for the singer a Grammy trophy for Best R&B Performance last Sunday. Diplo hinted that the new judge on "The Voice" might just release a follow-up to his 2012 album, saying "We have so much more."
More Usher News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media