Usher Debuts Diplo-Produced New Track 'Go Missin' '
Within a year of releasing his Diplo-produced track "Climax", Usher links up again with the hit making-producer to come up with "Go Missin' ". The new collaboration track reportedly didn't make the cut in Usher's latest album "Looking4 Myself", but the R'n'B/pop crooner apparently dropped it on Valentine's Day for free as a special treat for his hordes of fans.
"You loved what I gave you last Valentine's #Climax So here is 'Special delivery from the cloud' Happy Valentine's Day!" Usher tweeted on Thursday. In the new track, Diplo, who has produced hits for Beyonce Knowles, M.I.A. and Chris Brown, put an electro-pulsating beat along with the singer's distinct vocals, creating a track that might just make it to Usher's next album, although there's no word on that yet.
The song's storyline runs along the lines of a man trying to convince a girl to come home with him after her inconsiderate lover leaves her alone in the club. "Come with me shorty, forget about him/ Call me big daddy till the mornin'/ Do yourself a favor tonight/ Cause a chance like this only happen once in a lifetime," Usher sings.
While on its run last year, Usher and Diplo's "Climax" topped the Billboard R&B chart and won for the singer a Grammy trophy for Best R&B Performance last Sunday. Diplo hinted that the new judge on "The Voice" might just release a follow-up to his 2012 album, saying "We have so much more."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie