NBC Pilots: Miranda Cosgrove Joins 'Girlfriend in a Coma', Minnie Driver Stars in 'About a Boy'
After wrapping up her stint on Nickelodeon's "iCarly", Miranda Cosgrove will next be seen on network TV. The 19-year-old actress lands a role in NBC's comedy pilot "Girlfriend in a Coma", based on Douglas Coupland's novel, which has already had Christina Ricci in the cast lineup.
Cosgrove will play Evie, the 17-year-old daughter of Ricci's character. A small-town, overachieving loner, she finds her world turned upside down when her mother wakes up from a coma after almost two decades. Every hope she ever had of keeping her nose to the grindstone, saving money, and getting grades for an out-of-state college is thrown out the window.
In another NBC project, Minnie Driver will make her return to TV with comedy pilot "About a Boy". The Emmy and Golden Globe-winning actress will play an eccentric mother to Marcus, a boy who develops a friendship with an immature bachelor neighbor (David Walton).
The project is based on the book by Nick Hornby which was adapted into a film starring Toni Collette and Hugh Grant in 2002. Should the comedy get picked up to series, it will mark Driver's first regular TV role since her show "The Riches" ended its run in 2008 on FX.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked