NBC Pilots: Miranda Cosgrove Joins 'Girlfriend in a Coma', Minnie Driver Stars in 'About a Boy'
After wrapping up her stint on Nickelodeon's "iCarly", Miranda Cosgrove will next be seen on network TV. The 19-year-old actress lands a role in NBC's comedy pilot "Girlfriend in a Coma", based on Douglas Coupland's novel, which has already had Christina Ricci in the cast lineup.
Cosgrove will play Evie, the 17-year-old daughter of Ricci's character. A small-town, overachieving loner, she finds her world turned upside down when her mother wakes up from a coma after almost two decades. Every hope she ever had of keeping her nose to the grindstone, saving money, and getting grades for an out-of-state college is thrown out the window.
In another NBC project, Minnie Driver will make her return to TV with comedy pilot "About a Boy". The Emmy and Golden Globe-winning actress will play an eccentric mother to Marcus, a boy who develops a friendship with an immature bachelor neighbor (David Walton).
The project is based on the book by Nick Hornby which was adapted into a film starring Toni Collette and Hugh Grant in 2002. Should the comedy get picked up to series, it will mark Driver's first regular TV role since her show "The Riches" ended its run in 2008 on FX.
- Scott Disick Who? Bella Thorne Reveals She Has Her Eye on Someone New
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Slams His Car Onto Paparazzo in Beverly Hills
- 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Season 9 Taps Jimmy Kimmel and More to Guest Star
- Charlie Sheen Accused of Infecting Gay Lover With HIV
- Gwen Stefani Is Reportedly Pregnant With Twins and Wants Advice From Beyonce
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 Is in Early Development
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie