NBC Pilots: Miranda Cosgrove Joins 'Girlfriend in a Coma', Minnie Driver Stars in 'About a Boy'
After wrapping up her stint on Nickelodeon's "iCarly", Miranda Cosgrove will next be seen on network TV. The 19-year-old actress lands a role in NBC's comedy pilot "Girlfriend in a Coma", based on Douglas Coupland's novel, which has already had Christina Ricci in the cast lineup.
Cosgrove will play Evie, the 17-year-old daughter of Ricci's character. A small-town, overachieving loner, she finds her world turned upside down when her mother wakes up from a coma after almost two decades. Every hope she ever had of keeping her nose to the grindstone, saving money, and getting grades for an out-of-state college is thrown out the window.
In another NBC project, Minnie Driver will make her return to TV with comedy pilot "About a Boy". The Emmy and Golden Globe-winning actress will play an eccentric mother to Marcus, a boy who develops a friendship with an immature bachelor neighbor (David Walton).
The project is based on the book by Nick Hornby which was adapted into a film starring Toni Collette and Hugh Grant in 2002. Should the comedy get picked up to series, it will mark Driver's first regular TV role since her show "The Riches" ended its run in 2008 on FX.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie