NBC Pilots: Miranda Cosgrove Joins 'Girlfriend in a Coma', Minnie Driver Stars in 'About a Boy'
After wrapping up her stint on Nickelodeon's "iCarly", Miranda Cosgrove will next be seen on network TV. The 19-year-old actress lands a role in NBC's comedy pilot "Girlfriend in a Coma", based on Douglas Coupland's novel, which has already had Christina Ricci in the cast lineup.
Cosgrove will play Evie, the 17-year-old daughter of Ricci's character. A small-town, overachieving loner, she finds her world turned upside down when her mother wakes up from a coma after almost two decades. Every hope she ever had of keeping her nose to the grindstone, saving money, and getting grades for an out-of-state college is thrown out the window.
In another NBC project, Minnie Driver will make her return to TV with comedy pilot "About a Boy". The Emmy and Golden Globe-winning actress will play an eccentric mother to Marcus, a boy who develops a friendship with an immature bachelor neighbor (David Walton).
The project is based on the book by Nick Hornby which was adapted into a film starring Toni Collette and Hugh Grant in 2002. Should the comedy get picked up to series, it will mark Driver's first regular TV role since her show "The Riches" ended its run in 2008 on FX.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'