Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper to Reunite in David O. Russell's Abscam Film
It seems like Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are paving their ways to become a big screen power couple. Hot on heels of their collaboration in Oscar-nominated "Silver Linings Playbook", the two are set to reunite again in a new movie to be directed by their "Silver Linings" helmer David O. Russell.
As previously reported, Russell is currently developing a star-studded film project about Abscam. Now Deadline reports that Lawrence has just been added to the cast ensemble, which includes Cooper in addition to Christian Bale, Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner.
The untitled David O. Russell project was formerly known as "American Bullshit". Written by Russell and Eric Singer, it follows a true story of Abscam, an FBI's 1980 undercover sting operation of Congress to root out corruption which was the brainchild of the world's greatest con man, Mel Weinberg.
The part of Weinberg will be tackled by Bale and Lawrence is set to star as his on-screen wife. By joining the project, Lawrence will score her third collaboration with Cooper. Aside from "Silver Linings", they have starred together as husband-and-wife in an upcoming thriller called "Serena".
Thanks to "Silver Linings", both Lawrence and Cooper are also set for Best Actress and Actor awards respectively at the upcoming Oscars. This year, Lawrence will be seen returning as Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire", while Cooper is set to appear in "The Place Beyond the Pines" and "The Hangover Part III".
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel
- Are Miranda Kerr and Husband Evan Spiegel Expecting a Baby?