Lady GaGa Visits a Girl With a Heart Disease
Lady GaGa made a "little monster" happy even though she canceled her tour due to a hip injury. The lucky fan is Kayleigh Gurbynski, a 5 year-old girl who has terminal congenital heart disease and Turner's Syndrome, a genetic disorder.
After GaGa canceled her Chicago concert, the pop star made time to visit Kayleigh who traveled from Wisconsin to see the show. Kayleigh had tickets to GaGa's canceled concert and was delighted to be able to meet the pop star.
"It just goes to show that no matter what you say about some of these high-falutin artists, many of them do have huge hearts and put them to good use sometimes, and that happened here," Kayleigh's mother told American radio station WSAU Wednesday, February 13.
GaGa has canceled the remaining dates of her Born This Way Ball tour to have hip surgery. The singer announced on Tuesday, February 12 that she suffered from inflammation of her joints. "After additional tests this morning to review the severity of the issue, it has been determined that GaGa has a labral tear of the right hip," tour promoter Live Nation said in a statement posted on GaGa's site on Wednesday.
"I've been hiding a show injury and chronic pain for some time now," the singer tweeted. "Over the past month it has worsened. I've been praying it would heal."
GaGa was scheduled to have 20 more shows across the U.S. and because of the cancelations, promoters said that all tickets would be refunded. "She will need surgery to repair the problem, followed by strict downtime to recover. This, unfortunately, will force her to cancel the tour so she can heal," Live Nation said.
More Lady GaGa News
- Lea Michele Cuddles With Late Boyfriend Cory Monteith in Heartbreaking Throwback Photo
- 'The Walking Dead' Producers Didn't Tone Down the Violence Despite Previous Claim
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Zoolander 2' Lead 2017 Razzie Award Nominations
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Her Killer Curves in New Puma Campaign
- Darren Criss Will Play Villain in 'The Flash' and 'Supergirl' Musical Crossover
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' First On-Set Photo Unearthed
- 'Jurassic World 2' Casts 'The Detour' Star Daniella Pineda in Key Role
- Fox News Dumps Controversial Contributor Stacey Dash