Report: Jason Statham Nabs Villainous Role in 'Fast 7'
"Fast and Furious 6" hasn't even rolled in theaters anywhere, but rumor about its follow up, "Fast 7", already hits the web. Latest report suggests that the seventh installment in the speed action film franchise has already found its villain.
Breaking the juicy scoop is Ain't It Cool News, which states that Jason Statham is set to star as the bad guy for the forthcoming film. He will tackle the part of Owen Shaw's older brother Ian. Owen himself is the villainous character in "Fast 6" who is portrayed by Luke Evans.
There's still no official word to clarify or confirm the casting rumor. However, this is not the first time Statham gets linked to the "Fast and Furious" film franchise. Back in 2011, the "Parker" thesp was offered the part of Owen before he turned it down and the role eventually went to Evans.
In "Fast 6", Vin Diesel is back as Dom and Paul Walker returns as Brian. Since the two's Rio heist toppled a kingpin's empire and left their crew with $100 million, the heroes have scattered across the globe. However, their inability to return home and living forever on the lam have left their lives incomplete.
Meanwhile, Hobbs (The Rock) has been tracking an organization of lethally skilled mercenary drivers across 12 countries, whose mastermind (Evans) is aided by a ruthless second-in-command revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Michelle Rodriguez). The only way to stop the criminal outfit is to outmatch them at street level, so Hobbs asks Dom to assemble his elite team in London.
The high-octane film will be released in the U.S. on May 24. Also starring in it are Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Gina Carano, Joe Taslim and Ludacris.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences