Report: Jason Statham Nabs Villainous Role in 'Fast 7'
"Fast and Furious 6" hasn't even rolled in theaters anywhere, but rumor about its follow up, "Fast 7", already hits the web. Latest report suggests that the seventh installment in the speed action film franchise has already found its villain.
Breaking the juicy scoop is Ain't It Cool News, which states that Jason Statham is set to star as the bad guy for the forthcoming film. He will tackle the part of Owen Shaw's older brother Ian. Owen himself is the villainous character in "Fast 6" who is portrayed by Luke Evans.
There's still no official word to clarify or confirm the casting rumor. However, this is not the first time Statham gets linked to the "Fast and Furious" film franchise. Back in 2011, the "Parker" thesp was offered the part of Owen before he turned it down and the role eventually went to Evans.
In "Fast 6", Vin Diesel is back as Dom and Paul Walker returns as Brian. Since the two's Rio heist toppled a kingpin's empire and left their crew with $100 million, the heroes have scattered across the globe. However, their inability to return home and living forever on the lam have left their lives incomplete.
Meanwhile, Hobbs (The Rock) has been tracking an organization of lethally skilled mercenary drivers across 12 countries, whose mastermind (Evans) is aided by a ruthless second-in-command revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Michelle Rodriguez). The only way to stop the criminal outfit is to outmatch them at street level, so Hobbs asks Dom to assemble his elite team in London.
The high-octane film will be released in the U.S. on May 24. Also starring in it are Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Gina Carano, Joe Taslim and Ludacris.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen