Report: Jason Statham Nabs Villainous Role in 'Fast 7'
"Fast and Furious 6" hasn't even rolled in theaters anywhere, but rumor about its follow up, "Fast 7", already hits the web. Latest report suggests that the seventh installment in the speed action film franchise has already found its villain.
Breaking the juicy scoop is Ain't It Cool News, which states that Jason Statham is set to star as the bad guy for the forthcoming film. He will tackle the part of Owen Shaw's older brother Ian. Owen himself is the villainous character in "Fast 6" who is portrayed by Luke Evans.
There's still no official word to clarify or confirm the casting rumor. However, this is not the first time Statham gets linked to the "Fast and Furious" film franchise. Back in 2011, the "Parker" thesp was offered the part of Owen before he turned it down and the role eventually went to Evans.
In "Fast 6", Vin Diesel is back as Dom and Paul Walker returns as Brian. Since the two's Rio heist toppled a kingpin's empire and left their crew with $100 million, the heroes have scattered across the globe. However, their inability to return home and living forever on the lam have left their lives incomplete.
Meanwhile, Hobbs (The Rock) has been tracking an organization of lethally skilled mercenary drivers across 12 countries, whose mastermind (Evans) is aided by a ruthless second-in-command revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Michelle Rodriguez). The only way to stop the criminal outfit is to outmatch them at street level, so Hobbs asks Dom to assemble his elite team in London.
The high-octane film will be released in the U.S. on May 24. Also starring in it are Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Gina Carano, Joe Taslim and Ludacris.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'