'Melrose Place' Star Amy Locane Sent to Jail for Vehicular Homicide
Amy Locane has been sentenced to three years in prison for fatal DUI crash in Montgomery Twonship, New Jersey which killed Helene Seeman back in June 2010. The verdict was delivered on Tuesday, February 14.
The victim's husband, Fred Seeman, yelled, "What a travesty!" at the judge after the sentence was announced. "This is not justice," Fred and Helene's 26-year-old son, Ford Seeman, told the judge before he and his father stormed out of the courtroom.
"I am truly sorry for all of the pain I have caused," Amy apologized to the Seemans, struggling to get through her statement, as she looked toward the family that packed one side of the courtroom while her friends and family packed the other. "My own suffering will never go away," she added.
Amy previously faced up to ten years behind the bars, but the judge lowered the maximum sentence to three years after he cited potential hardship on Amy's two children, one of whom has a medical and mental disability. The judge said that he had no sympathy for the actress but the children should not suffer even more because of her actions.
The 41-year-old actress was found guilty of Helene's death as Amy's blood-alcohol level was almost three times the legal limit when her SUV hit a car carrying Helene and her husband. Helene was pronounced dead at the scene while Fred was badly injured in the accident. He was even listed in critical condition at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick.
While she was convicted for vehicular homicide, Amy was acquitted of aggravated manslaughter.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie