Phillip Phillips' Mother Caught DUI
Sheryl Phillips, the mother of "American Idol" season 11 winner, Phillip Phillips, was arrested for driving under influence on February 14 in Albany, Georgia. The officer in charge explained that undercover police found her driving unstably. Therefore, they stopped her and administered a sobriety test.
Major Bill Berry from the Albany Doherty Drug Unit told the media, "The driver was all over the road, so my officer pulled her over." He continued, "She was taken to the hospital for a blood test and has been charged with DUI-Less Safe."
The charge could be revisited depending on the results of the blood test which will come out in a few weeks. The police suspected her driving behavior was being influenced by other substance, instead of alcohol. "They didn't smell or detect any alcohol on her person, but she couldn't complete the field sobriety test so our guys charged her with less safe since she was under the influence of something," Bill said. Sheryl was sent to jail while waiting the result of the blood test.
Phillip Phillips' parents allegedly split up a while ago. It is also said that he is not very close to them after winning the singing contest. When the family's store went bankrupt, Phillip reportedly refused to help financially. On February 13, Phillip talked about his busy day on Twitter. He even promoted his latest video. However, there is no tweet which mentions about his mother and her arrest.
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope