Phillip Phillips' Mother Caught DUI
Sheryl Phillips, the mother of "American Idol" season 11 winner, Phillip Phillips, was arrested for driving under influence on February 14 in Albany, Georgia. The officer in charge explained that undercover police found her driving unstably. Therefore, they stopped her and administered a sobriety test.
Major Bill Berry from the Albany Doherty Drug Unit told the media, "The driver was all over the road, so my officer pulled her over." He continued, "She was taken to the hospital for a blood test and has been charged with DUI-Less Safe."
The charge could be revisited depending on the results of the blood test which will come out in a few weeks. The police suspected her driving behavior was being influenced by other substance, instead of alcohol. "They didn't smell or detect any alcohol on her person, but she couldn't complete the field sobriety test so our guys charged her with less safe since she was under the influence of something," Bill said. Sheryl was sent to jail while waiting the result of the blood test.
Phillip Phillips' parents allegedly split up a while ago. It is also said that he is not very close to them after winning the singing contest. When the family's store went bankrupt, Phillip reportedly refused to help financially. On February 13, Phillip talked about his busy day on Twitter. He even promoted his latest video. However, there is no tweet which mentions about his mother and her arrest.
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M