Britney Spears Denies Claim She Doesn't Sing in 'Scream and Shout'
Deep in negotiations for her Las Vegas residency, Britney Spears' team had to address a minor distraction which came in the form of an off-the-cuff remark made by female rap star Eve. In a recent interview on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live", Eve inadvertently started rumors that Spears might have pulled off a Milli Vanilli on will.i.am's "Scream & Shout" track.
"I heard that might not be Britney," Eve blurted as host Andy Cohen asked British TV chef Nigella Lawson about Spears' mock British accent on the up-tempo track. "That's what I heard. But, you know I don't know. It could be Britney, but I heard it wasn't. I don't know though, I don't know."
Spears' representative has slammed Eve's diss, saying it's "completely not true. Britney absolutely sings on 'Scream & Shout'." Spears reportedly sang her team-up track with the Black Eyed Peas frontman with a distinct British accent for his fans in the U.K., where the songwriter and record producer is apparently more commercially successful as a solo artist compared to in the U.S.
While Eve replied to the ongoing issue by saying her words had been twisted and interpreted wrongly, Spears tried to overshadow the new negative publicity with the help of will.i.am and a host of other hip-hop stars, via the remix of "Scream & Shout". P. Diddy, Waka Flocka Flame, Hit-Boy and Lil Wayne join the two original collaborators for the remix version in a video which was dropped on Valentine's Day.
will.i.am's "Scream & Shout" Music Video (Remix) Feat. Britney Spears, Hit-Boy, Waka Flocka Flame, Lil Wayne & P. Diddy
More Britney Spears News
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'