Kris Humphries' Lawyer Quits Due to Irreconcilable Differences
It seems that Kris Humphries' lawyer has had enough. Marshall Waller files paperwork Thursday, February 14 to withdraw from Kris and Kim Kardashian divorce proceedings that have been dragged on for roughly a year and a half.
The news came just one day before he is expected to meet with Kim's attorney, Laura Wasser, in court for a scheduled hearing. Waller cites an "irremediable breakdown of the attorney-client relationship" as his reason for leaving the case.
The proceedings take so long to settle because both parties have disagreement on how to end their union. While she wants a divorce, he's seeking annulment. They also don't see eye-to-eye on when the divorce trial should be.
She wants her divorce proceedings against Kris Humphries to be settled as soon as possible for the sake of her baby or at least their marriage to be officially dissolved immediately while other issues, including financial settlement, are still worked on.
Kris fired back, accusing his estranged wife of trying to gain unfair advantage by using her "unplanned pregnancy" to speed things up.
Kim's camp wants to begin the trial in March, but Kris opposes it. The basketball player says he would be unable to attend the proceedings then because of his NBA basketball schedule and he would not be available until May or June.
Waller previously said they're not ready for trial because "everybody is most definitely NOT cooperative." They tried to get raw footage from the E! reality series to seek evidence that proves that Kris' marriage to Kim was a fraud.
Despite their disagreements, Kris and Kim have no problem in determining that "their date of separation is Oct. 31, 2011."
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters