Kris Humphries' Lawyer Quits Due to Irreconcilable Differences
It seems that Kris Humphries' lawyer has had enough. Marshall Waller files paperwork Thursday, February 14 to withdraw from Kris and Kim Kardashian divorce proceedings that have been dragged on for roughly a year and a half.
The news came just one day before he is expected to meet with Kim's attorney, Laura Wasser, in court for a scheduled hearing. Waller cites an "irremediable breakdown of the attorney-client relationship" as his reason for leaving the case.
The proceedings take so long to settle because both parties have disagreement on how to end their union. While she wants a divorce, he's seeking annulment. They also don't see eye-to-eye on when the divorce trial should be.
She wants her divorce proceedings against Kris Humphries to be settled as soon as possible for the sake of her baby or at least their marriage to be officially dissolved immediately while other issues, including financial settlement, are still worked on.
Kris fired back, accusing his estranged wife of trying to gain unfair advantage by using her "unplanned pregnancy" to speed things up.
Kim's camp wants to begin the trial in March, but Kris opposes it. The basketball player says he would be unable to attend the proceedings then because of his NBA basketball schedule and he would not be available until May or June.
Waller previously said they're not ready for trial because "everybody is most definitely NOT cooperative." They tried to get raw footage from the E! reality series to seek evidence that proves that Kris' marriage to Kim was a fraud.
Despite their disagreements, Kris and Kim have no problem in determining that "their date of separation is Oct. 31, 2011."
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off