Kris Humphries' Lawyer Quits Due to Irreconcilable Differences
It seems that Kris Humphries' lawyer has had enough. Marshall Waller files paperwork Thursday, February 14 to withdraw from Kris and Kim Kardashian divorce proceedings that have been dragged on for roughly a year and a half.
The news came just one day before he is expected to meet with Kim's attorney, Laura Wasser, in court for a scheduled hearing. Waller cites an "irremediable breakdown of the attorney-client relationship" as his reason for leaving the case.
The proceedings take so long to settle because both parties have disagreement on how to end their union. While she wants a divorce, he's seeking annulment. They also don't see eye-to-eye on when the divorce trial should be.
She wants her divorce proceedings against Kris Humphries to be settled as soon as possible for the sake of her baby or at least their marriage to be officially dissolved immediately while other issues, including financial settlement, are still worked on.
Kris fired back, accusing his estranged wife of trying to gain unfair advantage by using her "unplanned pregnancy" to speed things up.
Kim's camp wants to begin the trial in March, but Kris opposes it. The basketball player says he would be unable to attend the proceedings then because of his NBA basketball schedule and he would not be available until May or June.
Waller previously said they're not ready for trial because "everybody is most definitely NOT cooperative." They tried to get raw footage from the E! reality series to seek evidence that proves that Kris' marriage to Kim was a fraud.
Despite their disagreements, Kris and Kim have no problem in determining that "their date of separation is Oct. 31, 2011."
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant