New 'Host' Trailer Highlights Melanie Stryder's Resistance
Open Road Films unveils a brand new trailer for "The Host (2013)". The newly-released footage offers tons of new scenes that explore the alien invasion led by The Seeker (Diane Kruger). Successfully taking over millions of humans' lives, the Seeker faces troubles when Melanie (Saoirse Ronan) insists not to give up her life to the alien. Plenty of new scenes centering on Mel's resistance against the Seeker are also highlighted in the trailer.
"The Host" is a love story set in the future, where Earth is occupied by a species who erase the minds of their human hosts, leaving their bodies intact. Melanie Stryder is one of the last surviving humans who fights back, risking her life for the people she cares about most - Jared (Max Irons), Ian, (Jake Abel), her brother Jamie (Chandler Canterbury) and her Uncle Jeb (William Hurt) - proving that love can conquer all.
The film is adapted from a book of the same name by Stephenie Meyer, who's famous for her "Twilight" novel series. Scheduled to open in the United States on March 29, the sci-fi romance is written and directed by Andrew Niccol.
This upcoming movie marks Niccol's first novel adapted project. On being chosen to adapt the famous book to the big screen, Niccol once said, "This is the first time I'm going to be directing someone else's story and it's quite liberating actually because I don't have to make it up. It's very freeing. If you write and direct it, it's all your fault. There's no one you can blame."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding