Rapper DMX Caught Driving Without a License
DMX was arrested at a gas station in South Carolina around 2 A.M. on Wednesday, February 13. The 42-year-old rapper was reportedly driving a 1978 Buick with his 5-month-old daughter. DMX a.k.a. Earl Simmons was then taken to Spartanburg Detention Center. He got released five hours later after paying the fine.
"They watched me at the gas station and get in the car. They followed me around the corner, pulled me over, put the cuffs on me and brought me here," the 42-year-old rapper said. He added, "I paid the money, when I could have just paid the money right there on the spot. Basically it was just five hours wasted for nothing. I don't have a court date or a court appearance."
The arrest for driving without license was not the first run-in with the law related to driving for DMX. He was arrested for numerous offenses, including reckless driving, criminal speeding and driving with a suspended license. In January 2012, DMX was also arrested for not wearing a seat belt while driving in Hollywood.
On the same day DMX was arrested in South Carolina, rapper Jim Jones was also arrested in front of his house in Fair Lawn, New Jersey. When Sgt. James Corcoran was about to hand a ticket for a car which was illegally parked in front of Jones' house, he found that the 36-year-old rapper had two outstanding warrants. The warrants stemmed from a motorcycle violation and a failure of removing snow from his sidewalk.
When Corcoran asked Jones to come with him to police headquartes to settle the warrants, Jones, whose legal first name is Joseph, denied their existence. Because he didn't want to cooperate, he was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon
- Frank Ocean Releases Another New Catchy Song 'Lens'