Radiohead to Start Working on New Album in September
English rock band Radiohead will regroup to release a new album, the follow-up to their 2011 studio effort "The King of Limbs". Bassist Colin Greenwood confirmed reports that the '90s hit band will start working on their ninth album later this year around September.
Although the group's members, Thom Yorke (lead vocals, guitar, piano), Jonny Greenwood (lead guitar, keyboards, other instruments), Phil Selway (drums, percussion), Ed O'Brien (guitar, backing vocals) and Greenwood, are all busy with their own individual projects, they have agreed on the start date for their album sessions.
"We're taking some time out whilst people are doing some other stuff, doing their own things, and the plan is to get back together again [at the] end of the summer," Greenwood revealed.
Radiohead's frontman Yorke formed the breakout band Atoms For Peace with long-time Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich, Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea and percussionist Mauro Refosco. They are set to release their debut album "Amok" on February 25.
Prior to their reformation for the new album, the rock quintet recorded a new track at Jack White's Nashville studio before they performed at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival back in June. "I love it," White raved about the new Radiohead recording. "So I hope that's gonna come out soon. It's up to Radiohead. I don't know where they're at with it."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says