'American Idol' Hollywood Week - Part 3: Tension Is High During the Girl Group Round
It was the girls' turn on "American Idol" Wednesday night, February 13. The remaining 162 ladies got through the same process like the boys, singing a cappella first before the judges in Hollywood. After this sudden-death round, only 76 ladies were left in the competition.
The producers assigned them to groups and tension was high among them as many of the girls didn't get along with each other. Kez Ban caused drama in her group as she insisted that her group should sing Mamas and the Papas' "California Dreaming". When they finally agreed on The Ronettes' "Be My Baby", Kez skipped the rehearsals to have dinner.
Despite this, Kez and her team mates were declared the best group of the day. "Kez Ban, you know you're a crazy psycho, and I loved that," Nicki Minaj gushed. Thus, Kez, Breanna Steer, Angela Miller and Janelle Arthur were sent to the next round.
Janel Stinney also caused some tension within her group, which included Cristabel Clack and Kriss Mincey. Keith Urban called Janel out on getting along with her group, but they all made it through to the next level anyway.
Swagettes, which included Candice Glover, and Raisin Cane were among the groups who got along well and nailed their performances. Their members advanced all. Holly Miller's group, in contrary, disappointed Randy Jackson for forgetting the lyrics of Gotye's song. Holly and Stephanie, however, survived the chopping block.
Haley Davis was sick while her group was practicing, so she slept instead of joining the rehearsals. Nicki criticized her, saying she should have ignored the stomach flu. In the end, all of the group's members except Brandy Neelly were sent through.
Those who survive in this round will return Thursday, when the top 20 girls and top 20 guys will be revealed.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl