Hugh Laurie to Terrorize 'Tomorrowland'
Hugh Laurie may soon join George Clooney who has been cast in "Tomorrowland". According to The Hollywood Reporter, the 53-year-old actor is in talks to be the villain in Disney's highly-secretive sci-fi movie to be directed by Brad Bird and written by Damon Lindelof and Entertainment Weekly's Jeff Jensen.
Since very little is known about the movie, there are no details on the characters to be played by Laurie and Clooney. However, the movie which was formerly known as "1952" is described to be akin to Steven Spielberg's 1977s film "Encounters of the Third Kind".
Nothing has been confirmed in regards to the story either, but earlier report uncovered clues from a "mystery box" that was revealed on director Brad Bird's Twitter page. The box contained a number of items connected to the year 1952.
Bird is now in pre-production for the film and will start the filming in March. The film has been set to be released in U.S. theaters on December 19, 2014.
Hugh Laurie is best known for playing the titular character on "House M.D." which ended its eight-season run last May. He was nominated for Emmy Awards six times and won two Golden Globe Awards thanks to his role as Dr. Gregory House on the FOX drama. Laurie also recently played Mr. Watts in Andrew Adamson's "Mr. Pip", a war drama that was screened at the 2012 Toronto Film Festival.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4