Hugh Laurie to Terrorize 'Tomorrowland'
Hugh Laurie may soon join George Clooney who has been cast in "Tomorrowland". According to The Hollywood Reporter, the 53-year-old actor is in talks to be the villain in Disney's highly-secretive sci-fi movie to be directed by Brad Bird and written by Damon Lindelof and Entertainment Weekly's Jeff Jensen.
Since very little is known about the movie, there are no details on the characters to be played by Laurie and Clooney. However, the movie which was formerly known as "1952" is described to be akin to Steven Spielberg's 1977s film "Encounters of the Third Kind".
Nothing has been confirmed in regards to the story either, but earlier report uncovered clues from a "mystery box" that was revealed on director Brad Bird's Twitter page. The box contained a number of items connected to the year 1952.
Bird is now in pre-production for the film and will start the filming in March. The film has been set to be released in U.S. theaters on December 19, 2014.
Hugh Laurie is best known for playing the titular character on "House M.D." which ended its eight-season run last May. He was nominated for Emmy Awards six times and won two Golden Globe Awards thanks to his role as Dr. Gregory House on the FOX drama. Laurie also recently played Mr. Watts in Andrew Adamson's "Mr. Pip", a war drama that was screened at the 2012 Toronto Film Festival.
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party