Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cause Security Scare After Skipping Checkpoint at JFK
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West caused flight delay when they arrived at JFK airport to catch a connecting flight from Rio De Janeiro to LAX. The powerhouse couple was removed from the plane to be screened by officials after they bypassed a TSA security checkpoint.
An American Airlines employee helped the pregnant reality TV star and her baby daddy skip the screening area. A spokesperson confirmed, "An airline employee escorted the two travelers through a non-public area in order to provide expedited access to their domestic flight."
"In doing so, the airline employee violated security protocols by permitting the travelers to bypass the TSA security checkpoint," the rep added. "TSA officials learned of the violation and conducted a private screening of the two passengers in the area of the jetway. The passengers were cleared to board their flight."
The debacle delayed the flight for nearly an hour, but officials insisted the couple was not to blame for what happened. "This was a lapse in judgment by one of our employees," the rep explained. "We're working closely with the TSA and speaking to the individuals involved to better understand what happened."
More Kim Kardashian News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri