Lady GaGa Cancels Remaining Tour Dates to Have Hip Surgery
After postponing four tour shows yesterday, Lady GaGa canceled the rest of her Born This Way Ball concert tour after discovering that the synovitis (or severe inflammation of the joints) she had been enduring for about a month already was actually worse than what she initially thought. Additional tests done on the 26-year-old entertainer revealed the injury was so severe she has to undergo surgery to her hip to fix the problem.
"After additional tests this morning to review the severity of the issue, it has been determined that Lady GaGa has a labral tear of the right hip caused by strenuous repetitive movements in her performances," a statement released via GaGa's website read, explaining the medical problem. Contrary to her earlier hopes that the pain would go away naturally after she postponed a few shows to rest the injury, turns out she will need to go under the knife to repair the damage.
Live Nation Global Touring, the producer and promoter of GaGa's world tour, confirmed the cancellation of the remainder of the tour, as their artist needs time to heal after the operation before she could perform again. Refunds for the canceled shows will be made to the ticketholders.
Although the injury and her upcoming surgery will definitely keep GaGa off the stage for quite some time, her Little Monsters are hoping that it wouldn't affect as much her forthcoming "ARTPOP" album, or her documentary collaboration with photographer Terry Richardson.
More Lady GaGa News
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified