'Harry Potter' Actor Rupert Grint Is Superhero Wannabe in CBS' Comedy Pilot
After playing young wizard Ron Weasley in "Harry Potter" film series, Rupert Grint will channel his inner superhero for his next role. The British actor is cast in CBS' comedy pilot "Super Clyde" which centers on a meek, unassuming fast-food worker who decides to become a superhero.
Grint will take the lead role of the titular character, Clyde, the well-meaning and sweet yet slightly neurotic guy who never feels like he really fits in. An avid comic book reader, Clyde wishes he were a superhero himself.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, "when Clyde inherits a $100,000 a month inheritance from his long-dead eccentric Uncle Bill, he decides that the cash will be his secret super power and will use it only for good and reward the good-hearted."
The single-camera project comes from "Raising Hope" writer and executive producer Greg Garcia. Mike Fresco, who has previously worked on "My Name is Earl" and "Raising Hope", will direct the pilot in addition to serving as executive producer along with Garcia.
Should "Super Clyde" get a series order, it will mark Grint's first small-screen series regular role. Outside the famous "Harry Potter" film franchise, the 24-year-old red-haired actor has starred in "Cherrybomb" and "Into the White", and will next be seen in "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman". He also once lent his voice on "American Dad!".
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation