'Harry Potter' Actor Rupert Grint Is Superhero Wannabe in CBS' Comedy Pilot
After playing young wizard Ron Weasley in "Harry Potter" film series, Rupert Grint will channel his inner superhero for his next role. The British actor is cast in CBS' comedy pilot "Super Clyde" which centers on a meek, unassuming fast-food worker who decides to become a superhero.
Grint will take the lead role of the titular character, Clyde, the well-meaning and sweet yet slightly neurotic guy who never feels like he really fits in. An avid comic book reader, Clyde wishes he were a superhero himself.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, "when Clyde inherits a $100,000 a month inheritance from his long-dead eccentric Uncle Bill, he decides that the cash will be his secret super power and will use it only for good and reward the good-hearted."
The single-camera project comes from "Raising Hope" writer and executive producer Greg Garcia. Mike Fresco, who has previously worked on "My Name is Earl" and "Raising Hope", will direct the pilot in addition to serving as executive producer along with Garcia.
Should "Super Clyde" get a series order, it will mark Grint's first small-screen series regular role. Outside the famous "Harry Potter" film franchise, the 24-year-old red-haired actor has starred in "Cherrybomb" and "Into the White", and will next be seen in "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman". He also once lent his voice on "American Dad!".
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!