'Harry Potter' Actor Rupert Grint Is Superhero Wannabe in CBS' Comedy Pilot
After playing young wizard Ron Weasley in "Harry Potter" film series, Rupert Grint will channel his inner superhero for his next role. The British actor is cast in CBS' comedy pilot "Super Clyde" which centers on a meek, unassuming fast-food worker who decides to become a superhero.
Grint will take the lead role of the titular character, Clyde, the well-meaning and sweet yet slightly neurotic guy who never feels like he really fits in. An avid comic book reader, Clyde wishes he were a superhero himself.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, "when Clyde inherits a $100,000 a month inheritance from his long-dead eccentric Uncle Bill, he decides that the cash will be his secret super power and will use it only for good and reward the good-hearted."
The single-camera project comes from "Raising Hope" writer and executive producer Greg Garcia. Mike Fresco, who has previously worked on "My Name is Earl" and "Raising Hope", will direct the pilot in addition to serving as executive producer along with Garcia.
Should "Super Clyde" get a series order, it will mark Grint's first small-screen series regular role. Outside the famous "Harry Potter" film franchise, the 24-year-old red-haired actor has starred in "Cherrybomb" and "Into the White", and will next be seen in "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman". He also once lent his voice on "American Dad!".
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner