'Harry Potter' Actor Rupert Grint Is Superhero Wannabe in CBS' Comedy Pilot
After playing young wizard Ron Weasley in "Harry Potter" film series, Rupert Grint will channel his inner superhero for his next role. The British actor is cast in CBS' comedy pilot "Super Clyde" which centers on a meek, unassuming fast-food worker who decides to become a superhero.
Grint will take the lead role of the titular character, Clyde, the well-meaning and sweet yet slightly neurotic guy who never feels like he really fits in. An avid comic book reader, Clyde wishes he were a superhero himself.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, "when Clyde inherits a $100,000 a month inheritance from his long-dead eccentric Uncle Bill, he decides that the cash will be his secret super power and will use it only for good and reward the good-hearted."
The single-camera project comes from "Raising Hope" writer and executive producer Greg Garcia. Mike Fresco, who has previously worked on "My Name is Earl" and "Raising Hope", will direct the pilot in addition to serving as executive producer along with Garcia.
Should "Super Clyde" get a series order, it will mark Grint's first small-screen series regular role. Outside the famous "Harry Potter" film franchise, the 24-year-old red-haired actor has starred in "Cherrybomb" and "Into the White", and will next be seen in "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman". He also once lent his voice on "American Dad!".
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding