'Harry Potter' Actor Rupert Grint Is Superhero Wannabe in CBS' Comedy Pilot
After playing young wizard Ron Weasley in "Harry Potter" film series, Rupert Grint will channel his inner superhero for his next role. The British actor is cast in CBS' comedy pilot "Super Clyde" which centers on a meek, unassuming fast-food worker who decides to become a superhero.
Grint will take the lead role of the titular character, Clyde, the well-meaning and sweet yet slightly neurotic guy who never feels like he really fits in. An avid comic book reader, Clyde wishes he were a superhero himself.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, "when Clyde inherits a $100,000 a month inheritance from his long-dead eccentric Uncle Bill, he decides that the cash will be his secret super power and will use it only for good and reward the good-hearted."
The single-camera project comes from "Raising Hope" writer and executive producer Greg Garcia. Mike Fresco, who has previously worked on "My Name is Earl" and "Raising Hope", will direct the pilot in addition to serving as executive producer along with Garcia.
Should "Super Clyde" get a series order, it will mark Grint's first small-screen series regular role. Outside the famous "Harry Potter" film franchise, the 24-year-old red-haired actor has starred in "Cherrybomb" and "Into the White", and will next be seen in "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman". He also once lent his voice on "American Dad!".
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?