Steve Martin Officially Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67
Steve Martin, 67, can now officially add father to his resume. The super-private actor has welcomed his first child with his wife, writer and former staffer for the New Yorker Anne Stringfield, his representative confirms to PEOPLE.
The news was first reported by New York Post which broke the news that the baby was born in December. "They've had a baby, and how they kept it a secret nobody knows," a source said. "They are thrilled. They worked hard to have the baby."
No other details including the name and the gender of the baby are available at the moment. Martin himself seemed to coo over his newborn on Twitter, "Coo coo, cutsy wootsy, footsy pie," adding, "My recent dada Tweet was admired by the artistic community."
Martin and Stringfield, 41, got married in July 2007 in a surprise ceremony with guests including Tom Hanks and Deane Keaton. "The Pink Panther" star and his wife reportedly have been spotted doting on their bundle of joy near their L.A. home.
More Steve Martin News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'