Steve Martin Officially Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67
Steve Martin, 67, can now officially add father to his resume. The super-private actor has welcomed his first child with his wife, writer and former staffer for the New Yorker Anne Stringfield, his representative confirms to PEOPLE.
The news was first reported by New York Post which broke the news that the baby was born in December. "They've had a baby, and how they kept it a secret nobody knows," a source said. "They are thrilled. They worked hard to have the baby."
No other details including the name and the gender of the baby are available at the moment. Martin himself seemed to coo over his newborn on Twitter, "Coo coo, cutsy wootsy, footsy pie," adding, "My recent dada Tweet was admired by the artistic community."
Martin and Stringfield, 41, got married in July 2007 in a surprise ceremony with guests including Tom Hanks and Deane Keaton. "The Pink Panther" star and his wife reportedly have been spotted doting on their bundle of joy near their L.A. home.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show