Steve Martin Officially Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67
Steve Martin, 67, can now officially add father to his resume. The super-private actor has welcomed his first child with his wife, writer and former staffer for the New Yorker Anne Stringfield, his representative confirms to PEOPLE.
The news was first reported by New York Post which broke the news that the baby was born in December. "They've had a baby, and how they kept it a secret nobody knows," a source said. "They are thrilled. They worked hard to have the baby."
No other details including the name and the gender of the baby are available at the moment. Martin himself seemed to coo over his newborn on Twitter, "Coo coo, cutsy wootsy, footsy pie," adding, "My recent dada Tweet was admired by the artistic community."
Martin and Stringfield, 41, got married in July 2007 in a surprise ceremony with guests including Tom Hanks and Deane Keaton. "The Pink Panther" star and his wife reportedly have been spotted doting on their bundle of joy near their L.A. home.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny