Steve Martin Officially Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67
Steve Martin, 67, can now officially add father to his resume. The super-private actor has welcomed his first child with his wife, writer and former staffer for the New Yorker Anne Stringfield, his representative confirms to PEOPLE.
The news was first reported by New York Post which broke the news that the baby was born in December. "They've had a baby, and how they kept it a secret nobody knows," a source said. "They are thrilled. They worked hard to have the baby."
No other details including the name and the gender of the baby are available at the moment. Martin himself seemed to coo over his newborn on Twitter, "Coo coo, cutsy wootsy, footsy pie," adding, "My recent dada Tweet was admired by the artistic community."
Martin and Stringfield, 41, got married in July 2007 in a surprise ceremony with guests including Tom Hanks and Deane Keaton. "The Pink Panther" star and his wife reportedly have been spotted doting on their bundle of joy near their L.A. home.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo