Miranda Kerr Is the New Face of Kids Helpline
Orlando Bloom's wife, Miranda Kerr, is appointed as Kids Helpline ambassador. The Victoria's Secret model tells the media that her participation in the organization is driven by the fact that she is a mother. In addition, losing a relative because of suicide becomes her motivation for helping other children.
"It's important they have someone to turn to for advice that will help them grow and flourish into little human beings," says the mother of two-year-old boy, Flynn. "I have a voice now, and it's important for me, personally, to use that in a positive way."
Kerr further explains, "I want every child in Australia to know that there is someone who will listen to them, someone who can talk to them, no matter how big or small the issue." She continues, "We all have challenging days, we all go through moments in our lives where we do need advice. I really want to encourage the younger generations to believe in themselves."
General manager of Kids Helpline says that having Australia's top model as an ambassador will encourage young people to ask for help and find solution of their problems.
Kids Helpline is an Australian organization which provides phone and online counseling to children and young adults. Young people from 5 to 25 years old may talk about family problem, health and mental condition, relationship, child abuse, and also suicide.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'