'Fifty Shades'-Like Erotic Book 'Beautiful Bastard' to Get Big Screen Treatment
"Fifty Shades of Grey" will likely not be the only "Twilight" fan fiction book to be adapted into the silver screen. A similar novel called "Beautiful Bastard" stole the attention of Constantin Film, which decided to acquire its movie rights to give it a big screen treatment.
Breaking the news is The Hollywood Reporter, which says that the studio has closed a mid-six-figure fee to develop the movie adaptation. The project still hasn't found its director[s] and screenwriter[s], and it is still unknown when it will kick off production.
The book itself is written by Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings, who go under a singular pen name as Christina Lauren. It revolves around an MBA student named Chloe Mills, who serves as an intern at a media conglomerate. She begins a torrid love-head relationship with her boss Bennett Ryan, who just came back from France to join his family's company.
The novel has been dubbed the next "Fifty Shades of Grey" since it boasts similar logline and erotic theme and is also categorized as a "Twilight"-inspired fan fiction. The book first hit the web in 2009 and had been downloaded more than 2 million times before being taken offline by author Hobbs.
"Fifty Shades" itself is still underway at Universal and Focus Features with scribe Kelly Marcel. The project has yet to pick its director and actors to play its leading couple Christian and Anna. Words are, since the gig made headline and stole people's attention, erotica-genre books became popular among publishers and many film producers have been "actively pursuing" similar projects.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance