'Fifty Shades'-Like Erotic Book 'Beautiful Bastard' to Get Big Screen Treatment
"Fifty Shades of Grey" will likely not be the only "Twilight" fan fiction book to be adapted into the silver screen. A similar novel called "Beautiful Bastard" stole the attention of Constantin Film, which decided to acquire its movie rights to give it a big screen treatment.
Breaking the news is The Hollywood Reporter, which says that the studio has closed a mid-six-figure fee to develop the movie adaptation. The project still hasn't found its director[s] and screenwriter[s], and it is still unknown when it will kick off production.
The book itself is written by Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings, who go under a singular pen name as Christina Lauren. It revolves around an MBA student named Chloe Mills, who serves as an intern at a media conglomerate. She begins a torrid love-head relationship with her boss Bennett Ryan, who just came back from France to join his family's company.
The novel has been dubbed the next "Fifty Shades of Grey" since it boasts similar logline and erotic theme and is also categorized as a "Twilight"-inspired fan fiction. The book first hit the web in 2009 and had been downloaded more than 2 million times before being taken offline by author Hobbs.
"Fifty Shades" itself is still underway at Universal and Focus Features with scribe Kelly Marcel. The project has yet to pick its director and actors to play its leading couple Christian and Anna. Words are, since the gig made headline and stole people's attention, erotica-genre books became popular among publishers and many film producers have been "actively pursuing" similar projects.
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights
- Madonna Admits She's 'Difficult to Work With' in Promo for Showtime Special