'The Killing' Casts Peter Sarsgaard as Villain in Season 3
"The Killing" has added Peter Sarsgaard to the cast ensemble of its season 3. The Golden Globes-nominated actor is tapped to play a death row inmate and a lifelong convict, "for whom the clock is ticking down," on the resurrected drama series.
Sarsgaard's character, Tom Seward, was "born into poverty and crime" and has "been in and out of the system for violent crimes since he was 10." Seward doesn't want to appear weak, so he always aims to dominate every interaction.
Sarsgaard isn't the only new cast member in the third season for the show has also cast Elias Koteas, Max Fowler and Amy Seimetz. "The Prophecy" actor Koteas will portray the new partner to Mireille Enos' Sarah Linden.
"The Hour" star Fowler is cast as a streetwise hustler named Twitch, while indie actress Seimetz will play Danielle Lutz, a financially strapped single mother whose 14-year-old daughter is missing.
Joel Kinnaman will return to the new installment, reprising his role as Stephen Holder. The story will take place "a year after closing the Rosie Larsen case." According to the official series description, Sarah Linden is no longer a detective.
But when her ex-partner Stephen Holder's search for a runaway girl leads him to discover a gruesome string of murders that connects to a previous murder investigation by Linden, she is drawn back into the life she thought she'd left behind.
Production for the new season is scheduled to kick off on February 25 in Vancouver, for a 2014 premiere.
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom