'The Killing' Casts Peter Sarsgaard as Villain in Season 3
"The Killing" has added Peter Sarsgaard to the cast ensemble of its season 3. The Golden Globes-nominated actor is tapped to play a death row inmate and a lifelong convict, "for whom the clock is ticking down," on the resurrected drama series.
Sarsgaard's character, Tom Seward, was "born into poverty and crime" and has "been in and out of the system for violent crimes since he was 10." Seward doesn't want to appear weak, so he always aims to dominate every interaction.
Sarsgaard isn't the only new cast member in the third season for the show has also cast Elias Koteas, Max Fowler and Amy Seimetz. "The Prophecy" actor Koteas will portray the new partner to Mireille Enos' Sarah Linden.
"The Hour" star Fowler is cast as a streetwise hustler named Twitch, while indie actress Seimetz will play Danielle Lutz, a financially strapped single mother whose 14-year-old daughter is missing.
Joel Kinnaman will return to the new installment, reprising his role as Stephen Holder. The story will take place "a year after closing the Rosie Larsen case." According to the official series description, Sarah Linden is no longer a detective.
But when her ex-partner Stephen Holder's search for a runaway girl leads him to discover a gruesome string of murders that connects to a previous murder investigation by Linden, she is drawn back into the life she thought she'd left behind.
Production for the new season is scheduled to kick off on February 25 in Vancouver, for a 2014 premiere.
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video