'The Killing' Casts Peter Sarsgaard as Villain in Season 3
"The Killing" has added Peter Sarsgaard to the cast ensemble of its season 3. The Golden Globes-nominated actor is tapped to play a death row inmate and a lifelong convict, "for whom the clock is ticking down," on the resurrected drama series.
Sarsgaard's character, Tom Seward, was "born into poverty and crime" and has "been in and out of the system for violent crimes since he was 10." Seward doesn't want to appear weak, so he always aims to dominate every interaction.
Sarsgaard isn't the only new cast member in the third season for the show has also cast Elias Koteas, Max Fowler and Amy Seimetz. "The Prophecy" actor Koteas will portray the new partner to Mireille Enos' Sarah Linden.
"The Hour" star Fowler is cast as a streetwise hustler named Twitch, while indie actress Seimetz will play Danielle Lutz, a financially strapped single mother whose 14-year-old daughter is missing.
Joel Kinnaman will return to the new installment, reprising his role as Stephen Holder. The story will take place "a year after closing the Rosie Larsen case." According to the official series description, Sarah Linden is no longer a detective.
But when her ex-partner Stephen Holder's search for a runaway girl leads him to discover a gruesome string of murders that connects to a previous murder investigation by Linden, she is drawn back into the life she thought she'd left behind.
Production for the new season is scheduled to kick off on February 25 in Vancouver, for a 2014 premiere.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says