Justin Bieber Fires Back at Black Keys' Patrick Carney for Grammys-Related Diss
A war of words has just been waged by 18-year-old pop superstar Justin Bieber against a much older and an unlikely opponent, The Black Keys' drummer Patrick Carney. The Biebs hit back at the recent Grammy winner for his comment on the Recording Academy's snub on the "Boyfriend" singer.
On Tuesday, February 12, Bieber took to his Twitter to post the message, "The black keys drummer should be slapped around haha," in reply to what Carney said during an interview after his band's multiple Grammy wins on Sunday night in Los Angeles. Asked to comment on Bieber who didn't get any Grammy nominations, Carney told TMZ, "He's rich, right? Grammys are for, like, music, not for money ... and he's making a lot of money. He should be happy, I guess."
Carney, together with band mate Dan Auerbach, picked up a pair of Grammys for Best Rock Performance for "Lonely Boy" and Best Rock Album for "El Camino". Meanwhile, Bieber, who has multiple chart-topping hits and top-selling albums, failed to get even a single nod from the Recording Academy this year.
Although it had not been determined as to why the Black Keys band member was asked to comment on the issue, it was clear he struck a wrong chord as the teen heartthrob is still reeling from the pain of the Grammy shut out. Bieber has in fact, interestingly scheduled a live stream with fans on the same day of the awards ceremony but it failed to push through due to technical glitches.
More Justin Bieber News
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other