Justin Bieber Fires Back at Black Keys' Patrick Carney for Grammys-Related Diss
A war of words has just been waged by 18-year-old pop superstar Justin Bieber against a much older and an unlikely opponent, The Black Keys' drummer Patrick Carney. The Biebs hit back at the recent Grammy winner for his comment on the Recording Academy's snub on the "Boyfriend" singer.
On Tuesday, February 12, Bieber took to his Twitter to post the message, "The black keys drummer should be slapped around haha," in reply to what Carney said during an interview after his band's multiple Grammy wins on Sunday night in Los Angeles. Asked to comment on Bieber who didn't get any Grammy nominations, Carney told TMZ, "He's rich, right? Grammys are for, like, music, not for money ... and he's making a lot of money. He should be happy, I guess."
Carney, together with band mate Dan Auerbach, picked up a pair of Grammys for Best Rock Performance for "Lonely Boy" and Best Rock Album for "El Camino". Meanwhile, Bieber, who has multiple chart-topping hits and top-selling albums, failed to get even a single nod from the Recording Academy this year.
Although it had not been determined as to why the Black Keys band member was asked to comment on the issue, it was clear he struck a wrong chord as the teen heartthrob is still reeling from the pain of the Grammy shut out. Bieber has in fact, interestingly scheduled a live stream with fans on the same day of the awards ceremony but it failed to push through due to technical glitches.
More Justin Bieber News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation