'The Muppets' Sequel Reportedly Will Feature Miss Piggy's Wedding
Apparently "The Muppets... Again!" will not only follow Kermit and co.'s adventure in Europe, but it will also feature a big wedding from one of the most-beloved characters in the puppet film franchise. Latest report suggests that the upcoming comedy film will see Miss Piggy walking down the aisle.
Rumor of Miss Piggy's wedding sparked quickly after production designer Eve Stewart let it slip at the 2013 BAFTA Awards on Monday, February 11 local time. Stewart said that she's working on something that was "really the antithesis" of her previous work in "Les Miserables".
"I'm now at Pinewood doing the Muppet show, and today has been one of the best days of my life, designing Miss Piggy's wedding at the Tower of London," Stewart told BBC's The Film Programme. When asked if she's allowed to reveal the scoop, the designer responded, "Yes! I've never been so happy."
Miss Piggy's relationship with Kermit became a highlight in the 2011 "The Muppets". She was jilted at the altar by her amphibian lover and that almost kept her from taking part in the effort to save the Muppet Studios. It is, however, still unknown whether she will really end up getting hitched with Kermit or not in the follow-up film.
"The Muppets... Again!" will follow the entire Muppets gang on a global tour, selling out grand theaters in some of Europe's most exciting destinations, including Berlin, Madrid and London. However, mayhem follows the Muppets overseas as they find themselves unwittingly entangled in an international crime caper headed by Constantine - the World's Number One Criminal and a dead ringer for Kermit - and his dastardly sidekick Dominic, a.k.a Number Two.
Starring Ty Burrell, Ricky Gervais, Tina Fey and Ray Liotta among others, the sequel film will bring back James Bobin to the directing seat. He also co-writes the script along with Nicholas Stoller. Disney will release the family flick Stateside on March 21, 2014.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed