Kelly Rowland Says Destiny's Child Tour Highly Unlikely
After presenting an award with rapper Nas on Sunday night's 55th Grammy Awards from the L.A. Staples Center, Kelly Rowland, who turned heads with her smashing Georges Chakra gown, said there were no plans for her and her Destiny's Child sisters Beyonce Knowles and Michelle Williams (II) to go on a reunion tour any time soon. Clamor for a DC concert tour was brought on by fans following the trio's explosive Super Bowl halftime show performance two weeks ago.
She logically lists their individual commitments as stumbling blocks standing in the way of a possible reunion tour. All three will be busy with their own projects, Beyonce with her "The Mrs. Carter Show" world tour, Williams with her new musical "Fela!" and Rowland herself is hard at work on her own solo album.
"I can't say anything about a possible tour. I know Beyonce is touring," Rowland said after handing out a Grammy trophy. "I have my new single 'Kisses Down Low,' and Michelle is doing 'Fela!' If something like that comes up in conversation - it hasn't - then we'll see what happens."
Rowland added that if the three of them wouldn't perform again even in the far future, she said their Super Bowl halftime show reunion might be the most appropriate swan song for their group. "Oh my gosh, I cannot begin to tell you how much fun that was," she gushed. "It felt really good to look on the other side of the stage and Beyonce and Michelle were walking in for 'Bootylicious.' I miss those moments with my sisters. It was incredible. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did. It was hard to keep that secret."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture