Sandra Bullock to Become a Stylish Supervillain in 'Minions'
Being well known for tackling various protagonist roles, Sandra Bullock will star as a supervillain next. The "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" has just been tapped to voice the villainous character in "Despicable Me" spin-off, "Minions".
Universal Pictures confirmed on Monday, February 11 that the 48-year-old actress would voice a character called Scarlet Overkill. No other actors have been tapped to join the voice cast ensemble of the 3D-CG comedy movie about the cute yellow creatures in the "Despicable Me" film franchise.
In the standalone movie, it will be revealed that the Minions have actually existed throughout history. They always seek out the most despicable master to serve. At a time before they met their current boss Gru, the little creatures encountered Scarlet Overkill, a stylish and badass supervillain bent on world domination.
"Minions", to be directed by Pierre Coffin and Kyle Balda, is set to arrive in theaters across the United States on December 19, 2014. Before greeting their fans next year, the yellow characters will return to "Despicable Me 2" on July 3 this year.
As for Bullock, the upcoming spin-off will not be her first voicing stint for an animated feature. Back in 1998, she lent her voice to Moses' sister Miriam in DreamWorks Animation's "The Prince of Egypt".
Apart from "Minions", Bullock will next star in comedy pic "The Heat" opposite Melissa McCarthy. She is also set to star in Alfonso Cuaron's sci-fi thriller "Gravity" alongside George Clooney.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics